We are currently requesting resume for the following position: Senior QA Specialist
Location: Remote with one day in the office in Peterborough, Ontario on an as needed basis.
Duration: 1 year
Employment Type: Contract/Incorporated Consultant
Hours: 40 hours per week
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports our client’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At our client, we recognize that our employees are our most asset, and we seek to identify, attract, and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace!
Our client is a supplier of custom equipment, process systems and engineering consultant services, for the nuclear industry, in Canada. As a part of our growing team, the successful candidate will be responsible for prescribed QA activities to support successful execution of custom Manufacturing projects.
Your Day to Day:
- As part of a team, task will be to support the assessment of our clients QMS for program compliance and effectiveness and make recommendations, including;
- Review our clients USA, NQA-1 based program, and make recommendations on changes to the USA program such that it could be modified to meet N286 & N299 requirements.
- Identify opportunties for improvement
- Develop a QA program map
- Program compliance with N286 series, N299
- Program effectiveness
- Program implementation
- Organizational structure
- Support our client in preparation and during N286, N299, ISO 9001 and vendor audits
Who You Are:
- Knowledge of, and experience in application of quality standards N299 & N296 Series & NQA-1, N286, N286.7, N286.10
- QA SME
- Experience as part of CSA N299, N286, NQA-1 series technical committees
- Computer literacy and proficiency in various software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Interpret technical drawings.
- Technical or manufacturing experience / familiarity [knowledge of manufacturing procedures and processes for shop fabrication (e.g., machining, welding, heat treatment)].
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing techniques, welding procedures or specifications and associated inspection techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience working effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in application of the following quality standards for manufacturing low volume, custom designed components, and equipment:
- CSA N299 series, N286, N286.7, N286.10
- Minimum 10 years working with Nuclear QA, including NQA-1, N299, N286, N286.7 & N286.10
- QA SME
- Experience working with CSA N299 & N286
- Experience/Knowledge with standard metrology equipment (e.g., Vernier’s, dial indicators, gauge blocks)
- Knowledge of application of non-destructive examination (NDE) processes and various inspection equipment as applicable to high quality custom fabrications and pressure retaining equipment
- Working knowledge of commercial grade dedication and its application
- Experience and/or background in auditing practices.
- Experience interfacing with customer representatives and providing oversight of vendors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities are essential to be successful in our team-based environment. You will possess problem solving skills and a creative yet methodical approach.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 64627
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies:
- Level: Senior
- Location: Peterborough
- Duration: 1 year
- Closing Date: