We are requesting resumes for the following position: Technical Procedures Expert (Mechanical)
Resume Due Date: Thursday, June 29th, 2023 (5:00PM)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 2 years
Hours: up to 35 hours a week
- Participate in the operational review, validation, verification and approval processes for new or revised mechanical maintenance procedures.
- Provide expert technical input into the content of mechanical maintenance procedures.
- Assess technical procedure action requests (TPARs) for completeness, work with the TPAR initiator to ensure the requests meets standard and ensures that the TPAR can be accepted or rejected and submitted correctly.
- Check all relevant documents and verify accuracy of references.
- Assumes role of document owner during workflow from TPAR acceptance to issuance.
- Ensure accuracy of technical content and review comments.
- Work with technical writer following OPG governance and guidelines to ensure documents meet OPG standard.
- Attend stakeholder reviews.
- Meet all deliverables and TCDs for documents assigned to them
- Maintain an awareness of current plant operating conditions and professional competency.
- Darlington or Pickering Mechanical Maintenance experience and knowledge on the entire line of plant equipment an asset.
- Experience with the cranes and Turbine Generator T/G equipment.
- Requires a good knowledge of nuclear station policies and principles, hazards and constraints, maintenance procedures and station of radiation protection procedures.
- Requires a good knowledge of operating systems and equipment, regulations and guidelines, operations and maintenance methods and techniques required to safely and efficiently operate and maintain a nuclear power facility in order to review and revise technical expertise.
- Requires good written and oral communication skills to prepare procedures, information to provide advice, guidance and technical expertise.
- Requires good planning and work management skills.
- Requires good knowledge of the processes related to operating and maintaining a Nuclear Power Station.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of Grade XII plus 2 years further concentrated study in maintenance disciplines.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1836
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Courtice, ON
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Thursday, June 29th, 2023 (5:00PM)