We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Technical Engineer
Resume Due Date: February 1st, 2024 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 12 months
Hours of work: 35
Location: 177 Tie Road, Tiverton, ON, N0G 2T0.
- Maintain and/or update operating and other specified department/ divisional procedures. Receive assignments relating to procedures from Supervisor or identify potential problems and opportunities. Discuss these with operating personnel or others as required to ensure current practices are recognized in the procedure. Prepare new or revised procedures consistent with operating licenses, policies, principles, department standard practices, standing instructions, maximum safety of operation, minimal risk of damage or loss, optimum frequency of routines; efficient operation and the like. Submit for review and approval.
- Participate in training programs to further own development and assist in the development of others. Attend lectures, do assignments and write examinations. Develop training material and give lectures on specific topics, set and mark examinations and otherwise assist in training programs.
- Prepare or help prepare specifications, for purchasing requisitions for material, services and equipment. Follow up with procurement and provide necessary technical services during field installation. Prepare recommendations for spare parts requirements for new equipment.
- Prepare reports to provide information and data in answer to external requests or for historical purposes. Initiate studies or investigations where opportunities for improvement are apparent. In some instances, these opportunities may be identified by the Supervisor. Collect, or arrange for collection, and analyze data from past events or operations. Prepare reports, for distribution to various groups, outlining technical details of procedures, processes, results or conclusions and the roles played by various groups; such as, Ontario Power Generation, AECL, or other external organizations. The foregoing may include delivery of presentations. Provide explanations and answers to questions received from recipients of reports.
- Recommend research and development programs required to improve equipment, system or unit reliability or performance, chemical control, material performance, rates and the like. Follow up on such research and development work and help coordinate as required. Provide all necessary information and assistance to facilitate such programs
- Review proposals received from internal or external sources related to assigned areas. Discuss proposal with originator as necessary to suggest changes or revisions as appropriate. Recommend disposition of proposal to Supervisor in writing for review and forwarding to approval authority.
- May be requested by Supervisor to gather and collate data for use in department budget preparation and to monitor variances to annual budget and submit to Supervisor for reporting purposes.
- Bachelor’s of Engineering degree, P.Eng or in process of getting P.Eng (EIT).
- 5-6 years of Professional Experience in Electrical, I&C, Controls Engineering (Nuclear Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1928
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Tiverton
- Duration: 12 Months
- Closing Date: February 1st, 2024 (5:00PM EST)