We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Technical Engineer/Officer
Resume Due Date: Monday, February 6, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 14
Hours: up to 40 hours per week
Level: MP2/3/4 (Junior-Senior)
Duration: 2 years
Location: 777 Brock Road Pickering, ON
- Prepare scope of work documents, lead constructability reviews, prepare Business Case Summaries for Senior Management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds. Prepare and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
- Review and provide input and project charters for assigned projects.
- Prepare and coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies and project oversight plans. Develop work breakdown structures for estimating and controlling project funds. Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the estimate and execution plans.
- Arrange for application to, and negotiate with internal and external agencies for all necessary approvals, licenses, permits or clearances required.
- Ensure proper process is followed when defining labour requirements and arranging for labour resources.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of, and progress by designers, suppliers, construction and operations before and after contract award. Maintain close liaison with field construction forces and operations on matters involving design, schedules, costing and other related issues.
- Provide immediate and higher management with regular project of work package reports. Monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule, and manager changes. Review cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for disposition of variances, and take corrective actions when required. Evaluate project plans at every stage for project risk and development mitigation plans. Execute other project management functions as required by corporation policies and procedures.
- Provide contract management oversight.
- Maintain communication with internal and external stakeholders, regulatory bodies and agencies, and cooperate in exchange of relevant information as required to meet the project objectives. Arrange and chair meetings involving appropriate stakeholders with a given project. Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like, in an effort to efficiently meet project objectives. Coordinate the preparation of the project turnover documentation and ensure completeness. Document and address outstanding project deficiencies.
- Visit various site locations, manufacturers, and suppliers as required. Be prepared to witness factory acceptance testing vendor sites for purchased material/equipment.
- Maintain awareness of, and keep all project parties informed of the latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporates procedures. Review and maintain awareness of all corporate and local procedures pertinent to project control and administration. Maintain process compliance during project execution and advise supervisor if compliance cannot be achieved.
- On a periodic basis, where dictated by circumstances, be responsible for supervision. Assemble job information and plan work as necessary. Assign portions of the work, and provide advice and direction as required. Check and assume responsibility for the work issued.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a knowledge of project management principles, specifically the 5 primary project phases (Identification, Initiation, Definition, Execution, Closeout). Requires a knowledge of economics and business principles to provide project cost estimates and forecasts. Requires a knowledge of physics, engineering principles, mathematics and chemistry as related to industrial and power generation equipment.
- This level of knowledge is normally acquired by successful completion of a 4 year university degree in an appropriate area plus completion of post-secondary courses in project management and business economics as it relates to project and asset management or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Valid Project Management Certification (PMP) certification Experience:
- Requires experience in project management, specifically, experience in developing project requirements and plans, preparing cost estimates, participating in contract bidding and award processes, managing projects in execution phase, and managing project closeout. Requires experience in managing conflicting priorities of scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Requires familiarity with equipment and processes in generating station or similar heavy industry.
- Requires experience to solve problems and provide guidance. Requires knowledge of cost accounting and forecasting as it relates to project management. Requires knowledge of commercial contracting methods, contract management, construction methods, codes and standards, quality assurance and health and safety. Requires Engineering Change Control (ECC) process experience. Requires strong organizational skills. Requires experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements. Requires experience and knowledge related to environmental protection and associated concerns. Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in managing projects of increasing complexity is considered a necessary requirement. Project complexity would normally be defined by multiple-contract, multiple stakeholder projects with schedule constraints.
- Experience (10 years+) and adept knowledge Nuclear / Nuclear Waste/ Commercial Systems- Building, HVAC (Building Management), Cranes, Electrical, I&C Systems. (MP4)
- Familiarity with the following would be considered an asset N-GUID-00700-10000 – Guide to Modifications Process N-PROC-MP-0090- Modifications Process, N-STD-AS-0028 – Project Management Standard N-STD- AS-0029 – Contract Management Standard
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1797
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 14
- Level: Junior-Senior
- Location: Pickering, ON
- Closing Date: Monday, February 6, 2023 (5:00PM EST)