Resume Due Date: Monday, September 11th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 12 months
Hours of work: 35
Location: 889 Brock Road, Pickering
- Oversight of Design Service Provider (DSP) during various project phases.
- Review, Accept and Process all design deliverables including deliverables associated with Procurement, Installation,
- Commissioning, AFS and Close Out activities.
- Attend OPG Project & Design interface routine meetings. Also review (project presentation) material and participate in PMOC & Senior Work Management meetings.
- Engineering participation in emergent team efforts, if required, which may include but not limited to: High Impact (cross functional) Teams (HIT), Technical Operability Evaluation (TOE), etc.
- Oversight on behalf of OPG for ensuring DSP delivers high quality design modifications for the successful installation, commissioning and AFS by following OPG’s Engineering Change Control process which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- a) N-PROC-MP-0090, Engineering Change Control Process
- b) N-GUID-00700-10000, Engineering Change Control Guide To Management Expectation
- c) N-STD-MP-0009, Contract/Owner Engineering Interface and Oversight
- d) N-GUID-01920-10000, Guideline for Engineering Oversight
- e) N-GUID-00700-10015, Vendor Oversight Guide For Nuclear Engineering
- f) Other related OPG governance.
- Ensure that Engineering deliverables provided by the DSP meet the design with high quality (and free of errors), and that design
- complies with OPG governance and codes and standards;
- Ensure DSP delivers engineering deliverables with quality that meets applicable codes and standards in the applicable Operating
- License and in compliance with OPG governance framework. In some cases, multiple codes and standards apply per the facility license, for which the most restrictive requirement shall apply (unless there is precedent or agreement with the regulatory authority).
- Ensure that the deliverables are optimal (without exaggerated and unnecessary requirements) for the industry standards yielding to safe and cost effective product
- Allow for early detection of potential issues so that corrective measures are taken at the appropriate time
- Share best practices and lessons learned between the DSP and OPGN engineering staff
- Ensure approved design is constructible, operable and maintainable safely without any adverse impact on plant’s design basis
- Monitor and improve DSP performance with the objective of reducing OPGN interface time (to save costs due to continuous learning)
- Develop good professional relationship with DSP ensuring continual value added service is provided by the DSP to OPG
- Ensure stakeholders expectations are satisfactorily met.
- Past experience in handling large infrastructure projects preferred.
- Duties associated with performing a design engineer prepare modification packages, verify modification packages in house.
- Professional Engineering designation in Ontario
- University Degree in Civil Engineering
- Qualified to OPG QUAL 45233 or 33685 preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1864
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 12 months
- Closing Date: Monday, September 11th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)