We are requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Technical Engineer
Resume Due Date: Monday, May 29th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 8 Months
Location: 1675 Sandy Beach Road, Pickering
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
- Supporting PNGS refurbishment scoping selection as well as downstream development of project charters, design Master Engineering Change Packages and technical specifications
- Maintain and/or update operating and other specified department/divisional procedures. Receive assignments relating to procedures from Supervisor or identify potential problems and opportunities. Discuss these with operating personnel or others as required to ensure current practices are recognized in the procedure. Prepare new or revised procedures consistent with operating licenses, policies, principles, department standard practices, standing instructions, maximum safety of operation, minimal risk of damage or loss, optimum frequency of routines; efficient operation and the like. Submit for review and approval.
- May be required to gather and collate data for use in department budget preparation and to monitor variances to annual budget and submit to Supervisor for reporting purposes.
- On a periodic basis, supervise staff involved in the above activities by assigning and checking work and as required give instructions and direction.
- Prepare or help prepare specifications, for purchasing requisitions for material, services and equipment. Follow up with procurement and provide necessary technical services during field installation. Prepare recommendations for spare parts requirements for new equipment.
- Prepare reports to provide information and data in answer to external requests or for historical purposes. Initiate studies or investigations where opportunities for improvement are apparent. In some instances, these opportunities may be identified by the Supervisor. Collect, or arrange for collection, and analyze data from past events or operations. Prepare reports, for distribution to various groups, outlining technical details of procedures, processes, results or conclusions and the roles played by various groups; such as, Ontario Power Generation, AECL, or other external organizations. The foregoing may include delivery of presentations. Provide explanations and answers to questions received from recipients of reports.
- Review proposals received from internal or external sources related to assigned area. Discuss proposal with originator as necessary to suggest changes or revisions as appropriate. Recommend disposition of proposal to Supervisor in writing for review and forwarding to approval authority.
- Other Duties as Required
- Experience working in a nuclear facility as a Senior Technical Engineer preferred
- MTL/DTL experience required
- Requires experience in the design, development or operation of a nuclear facility or in the development, manufacture or production of nuclear materials or components or in an industrial environment associated with the design, development, operation or maintenance of industrial systems and equipment.
- Requires experience to solve problems, to provide advice and guidance, to initiate developmental studies and to make recommendations during the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility; to evaluate components or materials, and to perform economic studies and evaluations associated with the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility.
- Leadership and ability to influence to facilitate and advance the goals of a project.
- Excellent oral and written English skills to communicate effectively including public speaking and presentation skills
- 4 years of University degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Instrumentation & Control, Chemical or Nuclear Engineering
- A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1808
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 8 Months
- Closing Date: Monday, May 29th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)