We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Section Manager, Projects
Resume Due Date: Friday, January 19, 2024 (5:00PM EST)
Employment Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Pickering, ON
This position will assume a lead role in providing advice and guidance to OPG clients on a variety of technical matters within maintenance, operations, performance, design and commissioning. This role also provides oversight and field support to contractors in a manner consistent with project expectations and OPG’s policies, procedures, safety values and objectives.
- Provide advice and support diagnose and solve problems associated with Department tooling improvements with respect to ongoing and future projects and minor modifications.
- Provide project objectives, scope, estimates, schedules, work plans and all resource requirements, (including equipment and staffing). Integrate the efforts of all persons contributing to a project using resources and facilities.
- Coordinate and implement project technical work/solutions, and initiate the acquisition of appropriate approvals, as required in support of the operation and maintenance of new project deliverables.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Department’s annual budget. Be required to provide cost estimates for new products and update costs of existing projects for input into Departmental budgets. Monitor actual project costs, and investigate and explain variances.
- Supervise professional and technical and unionized staff, as assigned to plan organize, schedule, and coordinate work of staff supporting upcoming projects and modifications within the department
- Supervise and lead the performance of operations activities in accordance with Ontario Power Generation and Nuclear safety standards.
- Prioritize work, identify critical steps and adjust work assignments to meet needs.
- Collaborate with others to develop and implement operations plans efficiently.
- Assist in preparing resource budgets, report costs incurred versus budget and assist with controlling costs.
- Analyze the performance of departments against industry standards, prepare performance improvement plans and incorporate into work programs and business plans.
- Be able to investigate, identify and implement corrective and improvement actions and provide progress reports to managers.
- Ensure effective short & long term workforce forecasting are in place to accurately predict the requirement of critical skill Nuclear Staff.
- Track corrective and improvement actions and provide progress reports to managers.
- Co-ordinate and implement Continuous Improvements initiatives with each team.
- University degree or college diploma or completion of a Leadership Program in a related field.
- 5-8 years of people management experience with facilitative leadership skills.
- Experience within a heavily regulated/procedural Industrial/Utility organization (Nuclear experience is preferred).
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT) and /or Quality Control experience or CGSB certifications considered an asset.
- Experienced in industrial project management, specifically, in developing project requirements and plans; preparing cost estimates; managing projects in execution phase and managing project closeout.
- Prior experience in managing conflicting priorities of scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- PMP knowledge would be an asset.
- Proven ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements.
- Experience in managing projects of increasing complexity is considered a necessary requirement.
- Previous Supervisory experience with managing skilled trades within an unionized environment will be an asset
- Prior experience and knowledge of working on Nuclear reactor systems/buildings is highly desirable;
- Experience in driving strategic initiatives and implementing change.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1912
- Job Type: Full Time (Employee)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering, ON
- Closing Date: Friday, January 19, 2024 (5:00PM EST)