We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Manager
Number of Vacancies: 5
Hours: 40-hour work week with occasional overtime hours
- Combination of an in office setting in a design/engineering office, shop floor, and customer site environment.
- Role allows for hybrid working conditions (requirements to be in office and some flexibility for remote work).
- Requirement of some sedentary desk work with a minimum of a 40-hour work week with occasional overtime hours to meet business needs.
- Overnight travel required, length of time away varies based on customer requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on project management of small to medium projects as assigned.
- Communicate with clients regarding project status and to resolve issues.
- Plan and lead internal and client project meetings
- Meet the scope, schedule, resource, and budget commitments reflected in the project management plan.
- Develop and manage project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), schedule, resource plan, issues log, change control and risk log.
- Identify, assess, manage, and mitigate project risks and issues, ensure the timely resolution of issues, including the escalation of issues that are outside of the project team’s scope of responsibility.
- Manage suppliers delivering diverse scope from studies to turn-key solutions for assigned projects
- Monitor the project progress and report the project status to management on a weekly basis.
- Define when project is completed and ready for Close-out and follow appropriate process to close projects.
- Assist to identify and align with best practices for cost and schedule management in accordance with PMBOK standards and develop non-burdensome ways to implement.
- Assist in aligning systems and requirements with the Accounting Department to deliver effective and efficient project control and reporting in accordance with industry best practices.
- Contribute to new Project Management procedures, and supplemental forms/checklists and processes to integrate company best practices and PMBOK requirements with new CSA N299 requirements.
- Support Proposals group in preparation of quotations for customers as requested.
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage projects during the entire project life cycle including the following project critical milestones:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Review the customer PO and identify concerns, issues, risks, and challenges to be managed and ensure the project is correctly set up in Epicor for proper management, reporting and control
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Initiate project with a Project Kick-off Meeting, and roll-out Project communications and reporting routines to the team
- Use existing forms and records to document project activities or advise PMO if others are needed
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Coordinate with Engineering to ensure all customer design requirements are met
- Coordinate with Procurement, Manufacturing and QA to ensure budgets, schedules and quality requirements are met
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Maintain excellent relationships with customers on project basis including supplying project progress reports, obtaining customer approvals, and negotiating changes effectively
- Write reports on the project for management and the Project Sponsor
- Prepare and negotiate Change Order Requests, defining specific scope, schedule impact, and budget of the COR
- Approve shipping of project deliverables to the customer including checks of all documentation, customer approvals, subcontractors’ approvals, customer acceptance form
- Manage project after shipping including site preparation, installation, testing, start up
- Developing new orders and change orders using relationships with customer (assist the Manager, Proposals in development of new orders)
- Provide information to Sales/Business development specifying project concept, design, plans, resources, schedule, quality requirements, all deliverables, and precise cost and all other specifics as required for specific proposals
- Preparing technical proposals including detailed specification of project and quotes (assist the Manager, Proposals in quoting). Prepare and assist in preparing project quotes
- The scope of the projects under the control of the Project Manager includes various other requirements per the QAM.
- Resources assigned to the PM will be assigned from the matrix organization, and the PM will be accountable to share the resources to the mutual benefit of the entire group
Skills and Qualifications Requirements
- Post-Secondary Education
- PMP designation would be an asset
- 1-2 years’ experience in an industrial setting.
Skills, Attributes and Competencies
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team oriented.
- High attention to detail.
- High degree of self- motivation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to follow and execute directions
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 911-010
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies:
- Location: TBD
- Closing Date: