We are currently requesting resumes for the following position:
Project Manager, Management System Evolution Plan
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent Employee (Salary)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Hybrid: currently offers a hybrid model requiring 3 days in office/2 days from home
Description of the Project:
Our client has initiated a project to transform its management system in advance of engaging in a pre-licensing review. A project charter and a project execution plan have been approved and are in place.
Phase 1 of the project restructured the management system under a new top-level manual has been completed.
Phase 2 began in August. On a program-by-program basis, current state governance is being assessed to identify gaps and other opportunities for improvement. The project team, working with program owners and their subject matter experts will revise existing governance to improve the management system. All governing documents are expected to be enhanced through this project. In some cases, it may simply be transferring content to a new template. In other cases, it will involve a complete re-write of the governance. This work will take place in 3 waves between August 2022 and December 2023.
Description of the Role:
This is a very hands-on role. Reporting to the Director, Management System & Performance Improvement the Project Manager is the lead individual responsible for executing and delivering this project. The Project Manager will supervise and assign work to 2 writers who are dedicated to this project. Collectively, the Project Manager and 2 writers are the full-time project team.
The Project Manager is responsible for the execution of the project in accordance with the approved project execution plan. In summary, the Project Manager will:
- Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule and coordinate work activities with the writers as well as the program owners and their subject matter experts to ensure that all work is completed in accordance with the project schedule.
- Lead all workshops with program owners and their subject matter experts to clearly identify and agree on the objectives/scope of work for each governing document to ensure
- the program as a whole meets all regulatory & legislative requirements and business needs.
- the governance is consistent and aligned with other programs
- management system standards are met
- Work collaboratively with program owners and their subject matter experts to ensure that revised governance is clear, concise, and unambiguous, and that it is aligned with the client’s business objectives.
- Develop process workflow diagrams for inclusion in the governing documents.
- Manage all document lifecycles from visioning through approval and deployment, with support from writers.
- Coordinate with the client’s Indigenous Relations group to facilitate Reconciliation assessments on governing documents as required.
- Prepare project updates for meetings with the project sponsor and project steering committee including typical project management reporting (progress against schedule, risks, etc.)
- Maintain the management system SharePoint site through the course of the project to ensure waves of new governance are implemented across the organization.
- Develop end-to-end organizational workflows to support user training and understanding of processes.
- Support efforts to implement cultural shifts and organizational learning with respect to the management system.
- Ensure project objectives are met and the project is effectively closed out.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- PMP designation, certified business analyst preferred
- Minimum 15 years project management and business analysis experience
- Nuclear management systems experience strongly desired
- Direct experience with process re-engineering across multiple disciplines
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve high-level performance
- Technical skills – high level of proficiency in all of the following is required:
- Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
- MS SharePoint
- MS Office
- MS Visio
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 108-005
- Job Type: Full Time (Employee)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Toronto
- Duration: Permanent
- Closing Date: