We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Leader
Resume Due Date: Friday, October 20th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 24 months
Hours of work: 35
Location: Darlington Energy Complex (DEC) 1855 Energy Drive, Courtice, ON
- Lead and administer the organization, coordination and execution of assigned project(s) within multidiscipline project portfolios.
- Lead matrix project execution teams.
- Coordinate and be responsible for project documentation.
- Ensure appropriate Project Management and Contract Management governance is followed.
- This rating depicts the organization and reflects the accountabilities as stated at the time of the Last Change Date of the job document.
- Line Management should review the current organization and consult with their HRBP for rating validity prior to applying new employees to this job.
- Undertake the organizing, coordinating and controlling of all stages of project management in accordance with Project Management governance for assigned projects or project packages in all project phases from initiation to closeout.
- Utilize approved Project Management processes for phase-gating, integration, scope, schedule, cost, change control, estimating, communications and reporting, and risk.
- Perform project management activities throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects, ensuring all project objectives and commitments are controlled and delivered within targets of safety, quality, budget and schedule.
- Provide input into the preparation of project background information, contribute to scope and constructability reviews, assist in the preparation of Business Case Submissions to senior management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds.
- Review, provide input into, and accept project charters for assigned projects.
- Initiate and coordinate scopes of work (WBS), estimates, schedules, risk management plans, project management plans, gate packages, and contract performance specifications.
- Develop structures for estimating and controlling project cost and schedule.
- Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the estimate and execution plans.
- Arrange for application to and negotiate with internal and external agencies for all necessary approvals, licenses, permits or clearances required.
- Ensure proper process is followed when defining labour requirements and arranging for labour resources.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements and arrange for necessary changes.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of, and progress by designers, suppliers, construction and operations before and after contract award.
- Maintain close liaison with field construction and operations on matters involving design, schedules, costing, and other related issues.
- Provide immediate and higher management with regular project or work package reports.
- Review cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for disposition of variances, and take corrective actions when required.
- As assigned, ensure Contract Management through all stages of the contracting process is carried out.
- Recommend to Supervisor the assignment of additional cross-functional resources as required.
- Work closely with the cross-functional team to ensure that roles are clearly defined and properly understood and that all project and contract requirements are communicated.
- Coordinate the preparation of project turnover documentation and ensure completeness. Document and address outstanding project deficiencies.
- Visit various site locations, manufacturers, and suppliers as required.
- Be prepared to observe plant sites and installations in Canada and outside the country to observe manufacturing progress, techniques, equipment, etc.
- Maintain awareness of, and keep all project parties informed of latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporate procedures.
- Maintain process compliance during project execution and advise supervisor if compliance cannot be achieved.
- Participate in programs to dispose of surplus equipment which become available, consequent to cancelled construction projects, such as unused turbines, generators and the like or are being disposed of as part of a project.
- Meet with potential buyers and attempt to influence same to accept such equipment in lieu of other purchases.
- Maintain an awareness of technological advancements in project management, engineering and construction fields.
- Review technical publications and other literature.
- Communicate with project management counterparts internally and externally to discuss views on improved processes, designs, products, methods and techniques.
- Requires a knowledge of project management principles, specifically the 5 primary project phases (Identification, Initiation, Definition, Execution, Closeout).
- Requires a knowledge of economics and business principles to provide project cost estimates and forecasts.
- Completion of a 4-year university degree in an appropriate area plus completion of post-secondary courses in project management and business economics as it relates to project and asset management or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Experience in project demobilization and low-level radioactive waste management (decontamination, nuclear remediation & transportation).
- Engineering background (EIT & P.Eng.) is preferred.
- 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Experience in developing project requirements and plans, preparing cost estimates, participating in request for proposal and contract bidding and award processes, managing projects in execution phase, and managing project closeout.
- Familiarity with equipment and processes in generating station or similar heavy industry.
- Solving problems and providing guidance.
- Knowledge of cost accounting and forecasting as it relates to project management.
- Knowledge of commercial contracting methods, contract management, construction methods, codes and standards, quality assurance and health and safety.
- Experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements.
- Experience and knowledge related to environmental protection and associated concerns.
- Experience in managing projects of increasing complexity is considered a necessary requirement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1876
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Courtice
- Duration: 24 months
- Closing Date: Friday, October 20th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)