We are requesting resumes for the following position: Project Leader
Resume Due Date: Thursday, April 6th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 2 years
Location: 1 Holt Road, Bowmanville
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
- Coordinate, facilitate and drive project scoping, planning, execution, and close out.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of designers, suppliers, construction and OPG internal stakeholder groups.
- Prepare scope of work documents, lead constructability reviews, and prepare Business Case Summaries for Senior
- Management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
- Review construction contractor labour estimates, schedules, execution plans, inspection and test plans and project oversight plans
- Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the project documents.
- Provide oversight of construction contractors integrated, logically tied, resource loaded project schedules which incorporate identified scope, risks, estimates/budgets and constraints that support effective project management and field execution.
- Maintain close liaison with construction contractor on matters involving conventional and nuclear safety during all stages of the project; engineering documents and construction work plans; purchasing, handling and storage of materials and tools; work protection and work permits; detailed execution planning and readiness preparations; daily progress reporting and schedule performance; completion of turnover documentation and quality records and other related issues.
- Perform regular field walk downs in standard and radiological work areas to ensure contractors are compliant with OPG and OHSA safety and quality standards.
- Evaluate vendor proposals, negotiate contracts, and make recommendation for contract award that provides the best value to OPG.
- Initiate, manage, and administer contracts including payments and change orders.
- Provide management and project managers with regular project reports such as level one summaries, and participate in regular process progress meetings.
- Maintain awareness of, and keep all project parties informed of latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporate procedures.
- Review and maintain awareness of all corporate and local procedures pertinent to project control and administration.
- Maintain process compliance during project execution and advise supervisor if compliance cannot be achieved
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience within project engineering is required.
- Previous Darlington Project Management experience preferred.
- Refurb project and/or MTL experience preferred.
- Darlington/Pickering Project & Mods preferred.
- Darlington/Pickering station experience preferred.
- PMP preferred.
- Ideal candidates will have worked in a Nuclear Engineering environment.
- Experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations.
- Have experience and/or willingness to interface with vendors.
- Have a strong interest in fast-paced, challenging work environments where showing initiative and self-motivation are assets.
- Proven track record on delivering results.
- Strength in understanding, executing and following governance and procedures with a questioning and analytical attitude/approach under minimum required supervision.
- Knowledge of OPG’s ECC Process (Engineering Change Control) is an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1814
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Bowmanville
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Thursday, April 6th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)