We are requesting resumes for the following position: Project Leader
Resume Due Date: October 17th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 4
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Contract Duration: 2 years
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering
Hours: 40 hours a week
Please note: this Augmented Staff position requires the worker to work 40+ hours a week. Only apply if you are able to meet the contract requirements.
- Prepare scope of work documents, lead constructability reviews, prepare Business Case Summaries for Senior Management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds. Prepare and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
- Review and provide input and project charters for assigned projects.
- Prepare and coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies and project oversight plans. Develop work breakdown structures for estimating and controlling project funds. Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the estimate and execution plans.
- Arrange for application to, and negotiate with internal and external agencies for all necessary approvals, licenses, permits or clearances required.
- Ensure proper process is followed when defining labour requirements and arranging for labour resources.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of, and progress by designers, suppliers, construction and operations before and after contract award.
- Experience knowledge Nuclear / Nuclear Waste/ Commercial Systems- Building, HVAC (Building Management), Cranes, Electrical, I&C Systems.
- Requires a knowledge of project management principles, specifically the 5 primary project phases (Identification, Initiation, Definition, Execution, Closeout).
- Requires a knowledge of economics and business principles to provide project cost estimates and forecasts.
- Requires a knowledge of physics, engineering principles, mathematics and chemistry as related to industrial and power generation equipment.
- This level of knowledge is normally acquired by successful completion of a 4 year university degree in an appropriate area plus completion of post-secondary courses in project management and business economics as it relates to project and asset management or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Valid Project Management Certification (PMP) certification Experience:
- Requires experience in project management, specifically, experience in developing project requirements and plans, preparing cost estimates, participating in contract bidding and award processes, managing projects in execution phase, and
- managing project closeout. Requires experience in managing conflicting priorities of scope, schedule, cost and quality. Requires
- familiarity with equipment and processes in generating station or similar heavy industry.
- Requires experience to solve problems and provide guidance. Requires knowledge of cost accounting and forecasting as it relates to project management. Requires knowledge of commercial contracting methods, contract management, construction methods, codes and standards, quality assurance and health and safety. Requires Engineering Change Control (ECC) process experience. Requires strong organizational skills. Requires experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements. Requires experience and knowledge related to environmental protection and associated concerns. Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in managing projects of increasing complexity is considered a necessary requirement. Project complexity would normally be defined by multiple-contract, multiple stakeholder projects with schedule constraints.
- Familiarity with the following would be considered an asset N-GUID-00700-10000 – Guide to Modifications Process
- N-PROC-MP-0090- Modifications Process
- N-STD-AS-0028 – Project Management Standard N-STD- AS-0029 – Contract Management Standard N-STD- AS-0030 – Project Oversight Standard
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1845
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 5
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Thursday, August 3rd, 2023 (5:00PM EST)