Resume Due Date: Fri August 16, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Duration: 2 year contract, 35 hours/week
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
- Directly support the section manager and provide project management support to assigned projects.
- Lead cross functional teams through all phases of the assigned projects.
- Manage EPC projects from inception through closeout.
- Manage cost and schedule.
- Manage/administer EPC contracts.
- Review invoices and track purchase orders as per approved budget.
- Provide Project oversight to EPC vendors to ensure projects meet requirements with respect to budget, schedule, safety, and quality.
- Perform any required liaising activities between OPG and vendor stakeholders.
- Manage risks and mitigation plans and maintain a risk register for assigned projects.
- Develop business case summaries to request funds for assigned projects.
- Develop monthly forecasts for the project life cycle.
- Fulfill Field Team Lead and Modification Team Lead role in support of execution.
- Interface with the station.
- Integrate work into Online/Outage schedule.
- Write installation and commissioning workplans to support field execution.
- Four-year university education in Engineering or by having the equivalent level of education/experience.
- The candidate should have 8 years experience in project management of station modifications in nuclear facilities with major emphasis on activities related to installation, commissioning, risk management and cost & schedule management.
- Experience at Darlington site is an asset.
- Project management experience and a demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Experience with the nuclear industry, preferably at a nuclear power plant (OPG experience is an asset).
- Project engineering experience.
- MTL/FTL experience in installation and commissioning of modifications.
- Ability to prepare coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies, business planning, forecasting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ECC process (not necessarily OPG’s ECC processes).
- A combination of work planning, MTL/FTL experience, project management, and risk management skills.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1422
- Job Type: Contract
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Intermediate/Senior
- Location: Oshawa
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Fri Aug 16, 2019 (5:00PM EST)