Resume Due Date: Wednesday November 20, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Duration: 2 year contract, 35 hours/week
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
- Directly support the section manager and provide project management support to assigned projects.
- Lead cross functional teams through all phases of the assigned projects.
- Manage EPC projects from inception through closeout.
- Manage cost and schedule.
- Manage/administer EPC contracts.
- Review invoices and track purchase orders as per approved budget.
- Provide Project oversight to EPC vendors to ensure projects meet requirements with respect to budget, schedule, safety, and quality.
- Perform any required liaising activities between OPG and vendor stakeholders.
- Manage risks and mitigation plans and maintain a risk register for assigned projects.
- Develop business case summaries to request funds for assigned projects.
- Develop monthly forecasts for the project life cycle.
- Fulfill Field Team Lead and Modification Team Lead role in support of execution.
- Interface with the station.
- Integrate work into Online/Outage schedule.
- Write installation and commissioning workplans to support field execution.
- Four-year university education in Engineering or an equivalent level of education/experience.
- The candidate should have 8 years experience in project management of station modifications in nuclear facilities with major emphasis on activities related to installation, commissioning, risk management and cost and schedule management.
- Construction or outage background where Safety and Quality is at a high standard (i.e. Pickering, Bruce, Point Lepreau, or the aviation industry).
- Project Management knowledge, skills and experience to lead, coach, mentor, advise and provide oversight to within a matrix type organization.
- Experience with the nuclear industry, preferably at a nuclear power plant (OPG experience, particularly at the Darlington site is an asset).
- Project engineering experience.
- MTL/FTL experience in installation and commissioning of modifications.
- Ability to prepare coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies, business planning, forecasting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the (ECC) Modification Process, Station Work Management Process and Station Operating/Maintenance knowledge and experiences to lead, coach, mentor, advise, oversee teams.
- A combination of work planning, MTL/FTL experience, project management, and risk management skills.
- Experience and maturity (minimum 8 years of professional/engineering/project management experience).
- Risk management skills.
- Results driven engineering professionals.
- Communication skills to distill information (for example: project status, risks, challenges, problems, issues, need for help) and present (written and oral) it to senior leaders and management.
- Interpersonal skills; able to liaise and work with people of different personalities and levels of authority (daily interaction with vendors’ schedulers, planners, PMs).
- Analytical skills to identify proactive risks, challenges, problems and issues, that arise within their assigned project.
- Proactive, bias for action and getting work done.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1422
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 3
- Level: Intermediate/Senior
- Location: Oshawa
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Wed Nov 20, 2019 (5:00PM EST)