Resume Due Date: Wednesday January 31st, 2024 (5:00PM)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 18 months
Hours of work: 35 – This job requires the selected worker(s) to work more than 44 hours per week.
- Undertake the organizing, coordinating, and controlling of all stages of project engineering for assigned projects or project packages from inception and approval to final acceptance, or its transfer to a dedicated project unit, as circumstances dictate.
- Provide coordination and assistance in the preparation of preliminary project studies and reports, and in the preparation of submissions to senior management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds.
- Initiate and coordinate estimates and project performance specifications.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule changes.
- Provide appropriate departments and agencies with detailed project requirements, interpreting and discussing with personnel involved as required.
- Arrange for application to, and negotiate with, agencies, internal and external, for all necessary approvals, licenses, permits or clearances required.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
- Coordinate and monitor the preparation of specifications, requisitions, evaluation of tenders, purchasing recommendations, and contract administration.
- Arrange meetings as required to coordinate requirements and progress between design, suppliers, construction and operations.
- Maintain close liaison with field construction and operation on matters involving design, schedules, costing, and other related issues.
- Initiate, coordinate, arrange and control supporting services to other departments and external organizations.
- Provide immediate and higher management with appropriate reports on work packages.
- Review detailed cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for over or under expenditures, and take corrective actions when required.
- Execute other project management functions as required by corporate policies and procedures.
- Meet with consultants, suppliers, and contractors before and after contract awards to interpret requirements, review progress, obtain cooperation and coordination in projects, and discuss ideas.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of project assessment reports.
- Maintain liaison with concerned internal and external groups, regulatory bodies and agencies, and cooperate in exchange of engineering and other relevant data as required to meet the project objectives.
- Be prepared to observe plant sites and installations in Canada and outside the country to observe techniques, equipment, etc.
- Provide input as required, and utilize knowledge gained for Ontario Power Generation application.
- Keep all project parties informed of latest capital construction and other corporate procedures.
- Review and maintain awareness of all corporate procedures pertinent to project control and administration.
- Communicate with appropriate departments and areas to ensure availability of current practices on budgeting, estimating, scheduling, etc.
- Participate in programs to dispose of surplus equipment which become available, consequent to cancelled construction projects, such as unused turbines, generators and the like.
- Meet with potential buyers and attempt to influence same to accept such equipment in lieu of other purchases.
- Maintain an awareness of technological advancements in engineering and construction fields.
- Review technical publications and other literature.
- On a periodic basis, where dictated by circumstance, be responsible for the supervision of engineers and technicians.
- Assemble job information and plan work as necessary. Assign portions of the work, and provide advice and direction as required.
- During the execution phase, shift work will be required.
- Requires a knowledge of engineering as related to design requirements for proposed major facilities and components.
- Requires a knowledge of physics, engineering, mathematics and chemistry as related to stress, materials and total system performance.
- Requires a knowledge of economics to provide cost estimates and cost trends concerning generating station construction and operation.
- Experience in planning and development aspects of electrical power plans to become familiar with generating station design and associated components.
- Experience in a generalized but related industry to appreciate manufacturing and supply techniques.
- Solve problems, provide guidance and initiate studies, designs and economic forecasts.
- Understand the interrelationship(s) of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives.
- Experience and knowledge related to environmental protection and associated concerns.
- Experience in project management.
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1857
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Senior
- Location: Courtice
- Duration: 18 months
- Closing Date: Wednesday January 31st, 2024 (5:00PM)