We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Engineer/Lead
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, July 6, 2022 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
Location: 777 Brock Rd., Pickering, Ontario
These positions will be supporting the Technology Development Department in the Advanced Inspection and Maintenance (AIM) Division and Project Management of CANDU fuel channel inspection tooling development. The project requires dedicated, enthusiastic and hard-working staff who thrive in challenging, interesting and fast-paced work environment.
Job Duties include the following:
- Complete tasks associated with the MTL role as described in N-PROC-MP-0090.
- Review Design and project deliverables.
- Perform oversight on the vendor’s design and fabrication activities.
- Support advancement of project schedule and deliverables while controlling project costs as per the business case.
- Produce documentation, reports, plans, procedures etc. as required to advance project objectives.
- Work individually or as part of a team to advance project objectives.
- Seek support or assistance from Project Manager or other team members, as required.
- Participate in unit, system and integration testing necessary to commission deliverable(s).
- Prepare or revise appropriate documentation (i.e., procedures, tests plans, reports).
- Interface with project stakeholders, suppliers, customers, as well as other functional areas (i.e., supply chain, controlled documents/records)
- Conduct work safely in accordance with all procedures and policies.
- Follow and support applicable governance (i.e., Project Management, Engineering Change Control).
- Support Project Schedule and Budget.
- Make recommendations to advance the project schedule.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting providing technical support and/or advice as required.
- Experienced individuals with both project and technical experience at OPG.
- Working as a project team member with experience in large, complex and multifaceted technical projects.
- Experience in working as an individual and in team environment.
- An articulate and effective communicator in English (both written and verbal).
- OPG specific project experience as an MTL or Project Coordinator.
- Experience with Automation, Fuel Handling, and Reactor Inspection Tooling.
- Experience working at PNGS and DNGS sites. Familiarity with the station and station stakeholders.
- Project Management and/or Project Engineer type experience
- Planning and Estimating/costing experience
- Field Experience especially during Project Execution, executing technical projects – either design support or project management support.
- Familiarity with commercial/procurement processes
- Familiarity/experience with Engineering Change Control process
- Nuclear experience is an asset
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1687
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Wednesday July 6, 2022 (5:00PM EST)