We are requesting resumes for the following position: Project Engineer
Duration: 12-month contract (renewable)
Location: Whiteshell, Manitoba
- The role of the Project Engineer is to work in a multi-disciplinary environment providing engineering expertise to a project team(s).
- Responsible for planning and executing decommissioning projects.
- The incumbent must have an engineering degree (e.g., mechanical, electrical, civil) and will liaise with other subject matter experts, external contractors and consultants.
- The Project Engineer performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, standards, policies and procedures (e.g., utilizing personal protective equipment as per safe work procedures).
- The Project Engineer notifies their manager or supervisor of all occurrences, injuries, illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers or any other on the premises in a timely manner and in accordance with established reporting requirements.
- Assist in developing and accepting responsibility for project work packages involving design, tendering, construction, commissioning, and facility decommissioning activities.
- Provide technical direction to support WLCP projects.
- Prepare and review technical work scopes and specifications.
- Identify, assess and initiate changes to approved design and construction work scope.
- Assess equipment selection options and provide recommendations.
- Proactively support and implement the project quality assurance plan.
- Conduct field walk downs to verify design parameters, construction progress and operational readiness.
- Provide well developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Represent the Client in a professional capacity and liaise with external design consultants and contractors.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters.
- Identifying and reporting any real or potential safety hazards; wearing all safety equipment related to your position as well as participating in all safety-training offered through the facility.
- Adherence to Workplace Safety and Health procedures; WHIMIS program; keeping current with practices; working in a prudent and safe manner and informing other employees if they are using unsafe work practices or equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or applied science from a university of recognized standing.
- A minimum of two years engineering experience.
- Eligible for membership in a provincial engineering association (e.g., APEGM)
- Knowledge of engineering codes and standards used in design, construction and commissioning processes.
- Ability to work to tight timelines and support the Whiteshell site wide decommissioning plan and schedule.
- Excellent computer skills, including document preparation and an understanding of CADD, is required.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills: Able to persuade and influence others; able to build consensus.
- Excellent integrity, respect of confidences, open, credible and sincere.
- Effective at building relationships. Strong interpersonal skills such as ability to get along well with peers and management. A very good team player.
- A questioning attitude and aptitude to learn about nuclear decommissioning strategies and techniques.
- Positive attitude with respect to nuclear regulatory environment and required work planning and execution practices.
- Leadership skills and attitude. Desire to help out where needed, vision to foresee future requirements/opportunities, good intuition, imagination, and judgement. Ability to coach peers, give constructive feedback and have the capability to empower others.
- Demonstrated efficient organization, planning, time management, detail orientation and prioritization.
- Able to seek common goals, partner and collaborate with project teams and operational teams.
- Confidence to interact with managers and directors to solicit advice and to promote implementation strategies.
- Initiative and judgement to organize and maintain flow of work and accuracy of records.
- Highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work extended hours and off normal work shifts to support project needs.
- Must have excellent technical writing and oral communications skills and be able to work in a team environment. May be responsible for writing technical/business documents and/or reviewing the documents of others. Must perform reviews effectively and in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of facility decommissioning policies and procedures would be an asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 931-004
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies:
- Level: Senior
- Location: Whiteshell
- Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Closing Date: