We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Engineer
Resume Due Date: Friday October 15, 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 1 year
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week
Location: Courtice, Ontario
- Supporting the Darlington Nuclear Refurbishment EPC (Engineer, Procure, Construct) project, Canada’s largest clean energy project.
- The project engineer will be a part of the Turbine Generator Refurbishment (TGR) project team, supporting the team with the planning and execution of the Unit 1 Turbine Generator refurbishment.
- Considered a technical specialist in this role and will provide technical oversight and decision-making for the project. This will include integration with vendor partners and the TGR team, as well as integration internally.
- Report to the Project Manager or delegate for the GE Execution Centreline Maintenance, Generator Maintenance and/or other accountable scope area(s) as assigned.
- Provide technical oversight, driving actions/tasks to completion, chairing meetings, integrating with vendors, assisting the PM with contract management, review and acceptance of technical and project documentation, logistics and material planning, and other duties as required to ensure the project is running smoothly and successfully.
- Oversee implementation of project direction, for their own scope area or other turbine generator areas to support as required.
- This is a dynamic, first-of-a-kind project with lots of opportunity to grow your career and participate in an exciting project!
- Steam turbine generator specialist and/or previous experience with refurbishment/manufacturing of steam turbine generators
- Working experience with client’s Modification (MP-90) / Engineering change control (ECC) processes, CSN N-standards, nuclear requirements/regulations
- Working experience with major projects/refurbishments, including vendor management, EPC projects
- Demonstrated experience providing technical oversight in EPC projects is required
- Education/Discipline: Mechanical, Electrical, or Nuclear Engineering is preferred
- P.Eng in the province of Ontario is preferred
- Min 8+ years’ experience, or equivalent education/experience
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1655
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 3
- Level: Senior
- Location: Courtice
- Duration: 1 year
- Closing Date: Friday October 15, 2021 (5:00PM EST)