We are requesting resumes for the following position: Project Coordinator
Resume Due Date: Wednesday June 7th, 2023 (5:00PM)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Level: MP2 (Junior)
Duration: 2 years
Location: Darlington Station
Hours: up to 44 hours a week
- Assist Project Manager in coordinating, facilitating and driving project scoping, planning, execution, and close out.
- Assist with the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
- Assist Project Manager or other team members with engineering design changes using OPGs engineering change control process.
- Assist with the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Assist with the preparation of decision documents to evaluate and assess options to achieving the best results for the project considering costs and schedule.
- Assist with the preparation and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
- Provide oversight of construction contractors integrated, logically tied, resource loaded project schedules which incorporate identified scope, risks, estimates/budgets and constraints that support effective project management and field execution.
- Maintain close liaison with construction contractor on matters involving conventional and nuclear safety during all stages of the project; engineering documents and construction work plans; purchasing, handling and storage of materials and tools; work protection and work permits; detailed execution planning and readiness preparations; daily progress reporting and schedule performance; completion of turnover documentation and quality records and other related issues.
- Assist with the evaluation vendor proposals, negotiate contracts, and make recommendation for contract award that provides the best value to OPG
- Initiate, manage, and administer contracts including payments and change orders
- Assist Project Manager with regular project reports such as level one summaries, and participate in regular process progress meetings.
- Maintain awareness of, and keep all project parties informed of latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporate procedures. Review and maintain awareness of all corporate and local procedures pertinent to project control and administration.
- Maintain process compliance during project execution and advise supervisor if compliance cannot be achieved.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience within project engineering;
- Ideal candidates will have worked in Nuclear Projects and Engineering environment; position will requires individual to be a Nuclear Energy Worker
- Experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements;
- Willingness to develop verbal communication skills and be comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations;
- Have experience and/or willingness to interface with vendors;
- Have a strong interest in fast-paced, challenging work environments where showing initiative and self motivation are assets;
- Basic understanding in executing and following governance and procedures with a questioning and analytical attitude/approach;
- Knowledge of OPG’s ECC Process (Engineering Change Control);
- Knowledge and experience interfacing with station, scheduling and work control.
- Working towards obtaining Mortification Team Leader (MTL) Qualification (QUAL 42293)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1833
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Junior
- Location: Courtice
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Wednesday June 7th, 2023 (5:00PM)