We are requesting resumes for the following position: PCC Manager
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, May 10th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: Band G (Senior)
Duration: 3 years
Location: 1 Hold Rd. Bowmanville
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
- Ensure all refurb critical and near critical activities are progressed (“Drive the schedule”).
- Monitor the planned outage execution (in the field) and take action to remove roadblocks and maintain the schedule.
- Integrate work groups to ensure hand offs and/or support is aligned to avoid schedule delays.
- As the delegate for the Project Control Centre Manager while on shift, provide Refurb work direction and assign priorities to ensure critical activities are advanced.
- Provide functional advice and guidance with respect to Refurb policies, procedures and standards to refurb staff and vendors
- Initiate corrective actions when problems in any of the outage work occur
- Influence other works groups to accept the corrective action plan in order to minimize delays to critical activities
- Provide coverage for PCC Manager role as required
- Requires a knowledge of the science subjects including physics, chemistry, mechanics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, electrical theory, instrumentation and control, nuclear theory and materials, and mathematics.
- Understand the operation of systems and equipment, monitor critical path activities during an outage and to provide technical expertise to resolve problems.
- Requires knowledge of business administration, management theory and organizations to be able to effectively understand the group dynamics and interrelationships of the organizations coordinated during a planned outage.
- Requires knowledge of technical writing to plan and prepare daily progress reports and communiques clearly and concisely.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of Grade Xll plus 3 years’ further concentrated study in an appropriate field obtained in the Province of Ontario from a College of Applied Arts and Technology, Polytechnical Institute or Community College or by having the equivalent level of education.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1826
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Bowmanville
- Duration: 3 years
- Closing Date: Wednesday, May 10th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)