Job Title: Manager Outage (Permanent)
Location: Supporting Pickering and Darlington
Due Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
The successful candidate will need to be able to work shift: rotating shifts and nights.
Support the Director, Work Management, Deputy Site Vice-President, or Director Operations & Maintenance Refurbishment in achieving business goals and improving station performance, in the area of outage planning and execution.
- Administer and control the assigned budgets to achieve required outputs.
- Approve resource estimates for outages.
- Approve the overall logic for safe and efficient execution of outage or Nuclear Refurbishment work.
- Determine scope, and prioritize outage work to be performed.
- Ensure close out of project and completion of post requisite activities.
- Ensure that outage plans and logics are in accordance with Power Reactor Operating Licence and Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Establish appropriate schedules for outage work.
- Establish outage management practices consistent with Ontario Power Generation, Nuclear (OPG,N) standards, and business objectives.
- Identify and implement improvements to the outage scheduling process.
- Identify risks to the outage, and facilitate mitigation, or escalate to the appropriate levels of the organization for resolution.
- Integrate project work with outage work. (Not applicable in Nuclear Refurbishment)
- Measure and report performance in scheduling and executing planned outage work.
- Oversee planning milestones for quality and completeness, and manage recovery plans for missed or incomplete milestones.
- Oversee significant planning and preparation for multi-unit Vacuum Building Outages (VBO) and unit Refurbishments.
- Provide guidance to managers regarding improvements to outage execution processes.
- Review and maintain the station long-range outage plan.
- Other Duties as Required
- Background in maintenance and operations is required
- 10-15 years of Leadership experience
- Familiar with Ontario Power Generation, Nuclear (OPG,N) standards
- Plant Manager experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1878
- Job Type: Full Time (Employee)
- Number of Vacancies:
- Level: Senior
- Location: Courtice/Pickering
- Closing Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023 (5:00PM EST)