We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Maintenance Specialist
Resume Due Date: Friday October 15, 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Duration: 3 years
Location: Courtice, Ontario
- Supporting the Project Manager, a multi-disciplined team with the planning and execution of the Unit 1 Turbine Generator refurbishment, part of Canada’s largest clean energy project.
- Considered a technical specialist in this role and will be able to provide technical oversight and decision-making for the project. This will include integration with vendor partners and the TGR team, as well as integration internally.
- Provide technical oversight of contractor trades, driving actions/tasks to completion, assisting the PM with contract management, review and acceptance of technical and project documentation, logistics and material planning, and other duties as required to ensure the project is running smoothly and successfully.
- Oversee contractor staff including Technicians and General Tradespersons and monitor work performance.
- Routinely visit job site and make direct contact with contractor staff to ensure safe work procedures are in use, safe conditions exist, and the quality and quantity of work meets expectations.
- Oversee contractor trades to ensure tasks are carried out in a safe manner. Initiate corrective action when safety deficiencies occur.
- Provide reports/complete forms to the Manager, verbally and in writing, on equipment conditions, work in progress, personnel, materials, and job activities. Close out work orders by providing the required job related data.
- Ensure availability of appropriate tools and materials. Ensure tools and equipment are in good working condition and arrange for maintenance/replacement as required.
- Respond to contractor field advisors technical concerns. Participate in resolution of work related technical problems, as identified by the Manager, to determine necessary course of action.
- Provide input to project planning activities and documents including but not limited to schedules, project execution plans, and recommended spare parts lists.
- Demonstrated working experience as a Maintenance Specialist.
- Steam turbine generator experience to support the team in the planning and execution of the U1 turbine generator refurbishment/maintenance and other projects.
- Demonstrated experience working on steam turbine generators is required, preferably at DNGS.
- Education/Discipline: Certificate of Qualification industrial Mechanic (Millwright) or equivalent.
- Min 10+ years experience.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1656
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Courtice
- Duration: 3 years
- Closing Date: Friday October 15, 2021 (5:00PM EST)