We are requesting resumes for the following position: Learning Officer
Resume Due Date: Tuesday, June 20th, 2023 (5:00PM)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 1 year
Location: 675 Sandy Beach Road, Pickering
Hours: up to 35 hours a week
- Project support: Required to support OPG’s enterprise-wide Facilitative Leadership program and Corporate Training Coordination and Administration.
- Specifically, but not limited to: reporting, managing enrollments and change request, monitoring class health and engaging those not registered to fully utilize scheduled classes. Be the single point of contact for participants and the vendor to provide class attendance sheets, key credits, follow up with participants prior to first session and monitor and action inbox activity.
- Act as the primary learning contact and advisor to support target client(s) development, learning and training needs (leadership behaviors, technology and systems) to meet business needs, and performance outcomes.
- Plan, organize and conduct needs analysis/assessments including but not limited to job and task analysis in order to recognize skill and/or knowledge gaps.
- In collaboration with Line management clients, investigate incidents of, and/or unsatisfactory performance of staff where skills, knowledge or behaviors may be deficient. Identify, evaluate and recommend action plans/learning objectives that meet the defined requirements.
- Conduct and/or coordinate the implementation of required training programs by field resources, or vendor, as required. Coordinate field delivery by assisting in the selection of field trainers based on delivery capability.
- Plan and organize the people, equipment, resources, technology and virtual platform requirements, as required. Provide coordination to ensure consistency of program delivery at various locations, as applicable.
- Monitor and evaluate training programs for program effectiveness on an ongoing basis. Recommend and implement changes to programs, as required.
- Report to supervisor on status and effectiveness of programs. Provide ongoing feedback and reporting on trends, performance issues and concerns.
- Maintain learning/training programs in learning management system(s), as applicable.
- Other Duties as Required
- Requires a knowledge of social sciences, humanities or business/human resources management theory and practices with emphasis on learning theory, organization psychology and adult education principles to identify and analyze training needs within organizations and develop, prepare and deliver effective training programs and assessment tools to meet clients’ training needs.
- Requires a good knowledge of computer software applications, such as Excel and Power Point to prepare training plans, presentations and reports, and a good knowledge of English, both oral and written, to communicate effectively with others. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the successful completion of a 4 year university education in an appropriate of study, such as social sciences, or business.
- HRIS systems knowledge in SAP SuccessFactors including the Learning module considered a strong asset.
- Requires experience in business to become familiar with the operations, management, human and organizational problems in order to connect business strategy, management and organizational development needs.
- Requires a working knowledge in an advisory/consulting role to be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with Line management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1835
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 1 year
- Closing Date: Tuesday, June 20th, 2023 (5:00PM)