Position Title: IT Project Manager
CPUS Client: Ontario Power Generation
Resume Due Date: Monday, May 29th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 4
Contract Duration: 1 year
Location: 700 University Ave, Toronto or 889 Brock Road, Pickering (on-site)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Incorporated Contractor
Security Clearance: Required. Must be initiated at the time of application.
Security Clearance – All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the nuclear sector. This crucial step in the hiring process is for everyone’s safety. The security clearance standards ensure that Nuclear Power Plants comply with Federal laws. Nuclear operations are governed by regulations set out and monitored by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC). Whether you are working in a corporate group or a nuclear, hydro or fossil station, security clearances are mandatory for any type of employment or contract engagement. While your clearance is in process you may be invited for an interview if you are the successful applicant the job will be held for you until your clearance is completed. Clearance is a condition of employment and must be obtained before a start date can be determined. Security clearances are valid for 5 years.
- Working and leading in all phases of the project life-cycle including: Initiation, Planning, Definition, Execution and Closeout.
- Implementation of systems ranging from single stand-alone applications to large, complex systems with extensive integrations requiring comprehensive organizational change management.
- Delivering all stages of the SDI-C (Software Development Life Cycle), including requirements definition, solution architecture & design, software development, system integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Managing projects through rapid development methodologies such as Agile, Iterative, etc.
- Manage and develop the relationship between business units and CIO through interaction with senior business management.
- Keep abreast of the latest business developments, priorities, plans, strategies, and business needs.
- Analyzing technology and business risks to identify implications, root-cause and creative solutions.
- Leading the development of business cases that will provide funding release through various projects gates.
- Maintain a focus on continuous improvement, including knowledge of project management developments and practices, trends in IT technology and services, systems management disciplines, and related industry best-practices that could add value to the business.
- 4-year University Degree in computer science
- PMP designation required.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification an asset.
- 10+ years of IT project management experience minimum
- Experience managing projects through rapid development methodologies such as Agile, Iterative, etc.
- Experience working with a Matrixed delivery model.
- Understanding of the entire SDLC
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) related projects like SAP or Asset Suite
- Microsoft Technologies
- Agile methodology
- Implementing IT projects for electricity generation companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in managing conflicting priorities of scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and the ability to provide guidance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1818
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 4
- Level: Senior
- Location: Toronto/Pickering
- Duration: 1 year
- Closing Date: Monday, May 29th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)