We are requesting resumes for the following position: Health Physics Specialist
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, July 12th, 2023 (5:00 PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP5 (Senior)
Duration: 2 years
Location: 889 Brock Road, Pickering
Hours: 35 Hours per week
- Advice to design groups for design changes which will improve radiation protection at the nuclear station.
- Support radiation investigations and duties, such as the controlling of the transfer of radioactive material from the station.
- Formulate new or revised Radiation Protection Regulations for consideration.
- Interpret regulations and policy and provide technical assistance in health physics to the operations group and approve radiation protection methods and equipment.
- Investigate no routine radiation protection problems and make recommendations as to their resolution and assist Supervisor in environmental radiological measurements made in the vicinity of the station.
- Support in preparation of various documents, such as regulatory, design, evaluation, etc., that have RP/HP inputs.
- Support review of OPG and vendor documents from an HP/RP perspective.
- Assist with the creation, oversight and reporting of survey for the dismantling and demolition of buildings/areas.
- Provide input for requirements of a data repository database for characterization.
- Support preparation of characterization execution plan and survey plans.
- Other Duties as Required
- Requires a good of radiation theories in the assessment of radiation hazards and the development of radiation protection practices.
- Requires facility in a written or oral English necessary to prepare effective procedures, instructions and reports.
- Requires experience wherein knowledge could be gained if the kinds of problems experienced in radiation protection at nuclear plants and the methods used in dealing with them.
- Requires experience in a laboratory environment wherein practical knowledge of dosimetry (internal and external) could be gained.
- A period of up to eight years is considered necessary to gain this experience. A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Understanding of MARSSIM principles.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1841
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Wednesday, July 12th, 2023 (5:00 PM EST)