We are requesting resumes for the following position: Electrical Engineer
Location: Pinawa, Manitoba
Electrical Engineer will provide Electrical Design and Project Engineering Support to site customers for the Restoration Project. Duties include Electrical Design (conceptual, preliminary and detailed), field surveillance of new processes and electrical systems as well as modifications and retrofits to existing systems. The work includes the preparation or review of appropriate documentation in support of projects (e.g., design plans, design requirements, design manuals, technical specifications, technical notes, customer proposals, work plans, schedules and estimates) and involves direct interaction with customers and regulators. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for ensuring that work within his/her responsibility is performed to meet or exceed applicable quality, code, regulatory and customer requirements. Does the important work appeal to you? If you answered yes, then this may be the job for you!
Employees perform all duties in accordance with established health and safety and regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (i.e. utilizing personal protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifying management or supervisor of all occurrences, injuries, illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers or any other on the premises in a timely manner and in accordance with established reporting requirements.
- Delivering expertise during design, construction, procurement to ensure designs and physical systems meet the applicable codes and standards. Applying P.Eng. stamp to take responsibility for the application of engineering principles.
- Ensuring that work within his/her responsibility is performed to meet or exceed applicable quality, code, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Identifying electrical code compliance issues and providing solutions.
- Preparing, reviewing and approving electrical drawings, technical reports and specifications.
- Planning, providing cost and schedule estimates and for tracking and reporting on progress of Electrical design deliverables.
- Identifying ways to mitigate risk and deliver designs on time and within budget.
- Negotiating with client if risk cannot be mitigated by providing acceptable justification for extra time or cost.
- Establishing requirements for external design activities.
- Providing contract scopes of work for external design resources, as well as review external design resources work and ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards.
- Supervising other Engineers and Design Representatives at the direction of the Engineering Manager.
- Providing day to day direction to Engineering staff and others on assigned tasks and activities to include coaching and mentoring while increasing knowledge and skills of Engineering staff as to provide transfer of knowledge and experience.
- Interacting with a team of 5-10 electrical engineers/technologists/students and provides mentorship to junior members, technologists, and students.
- Maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
- Performing other duties as assigned by manager.
- Security clearance eligibility required: Reliability Status with Site Access Security Clearance (SASC), which has a minimum requirement of 3 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom. The Client implements security screening in accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat “Standard on Security Screening” and the “Policy on Government Security”.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree (BEng) in Electrical Engineering from recognized Canadian University.
- Member or eligible for membership with Engineers Geoscientists of Manitoba (EGM) as a Registered Professional Engineer (P ENG).
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in the design of electrical systems, including power transmission, power distribution, and communication systems.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in commissioning of electrical systems.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in project management, including project initiation, planning, cost estimation, and scheduling.
- Knowledgeable of the requirements of the Canadian Electrical Code and the Manitoba Electrical Code.
- Experience with system analysis, including arc flash studies and relay coordination. Familiarity with SKM software would be beneficial.
- Experience with Nuclear power generation facilities, and or laboratories is beneficial.
- Experience with Demolition and Deactivation of commercial power generation or industrial manufacturing and processing facilities is beneficial.
- Hearing protection usage required for occasional visits to noisy construction/demolition environments.
- Walking and navigating a construction and demolition environment with required personal protective equipment (safety boots, hard hats, safety glasses and reflective clothing).
- Design work within the design group is typically a combination of office work and fieldwork (normally investigative and providing engineering field support). Occasional controlled exposure to nuclear radiation and industrial hazards due to construction/demolition site visits. Attaining Group 4 Radiation Protection Training is required.
- Worker becomes a Nuclear Energy Worker pursuant to CNSC regulations and The Client’s radiation protection program requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 700-360
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pinawa, Manitoba
- Closing Date: