We are requesting resumes for the following position: Department Manager, Outage
Resume Due Date: Monday, April 17th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 4
Level: Band G (Senior)
Duration: 3 years
Location: 1 Holt Rd., Bowmanville (Darlington Site)
Hours: To support Darlington outages. This position requires shiftwork including day and night shifts during outages.
Please note: This job requires the selected worker(s) to work more than 44 hours per week.
Support the Director, Work Management, Deputy Site Vice-President, or Director Operations & Maintenance Refurbishment in achieving business goals and improving station performance, in the area of outage planning and execution.
- Administer and control the assigned budgets to achieve required outputs.
- Approve resource estimates for outages.
- Approve the overall logic for safe and efficient execution of outage or Nuclear Refurbishment work.
- Determine scope, and prioritize outage work to be performed.
- Ensure close out of project and completion of post requisite activities.
- Ensure that outage plans and logics are in accordance with Power Reactor Operating Licence and Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Establish appropriate schedules for outage work.
- Establish outage management practices consistent with Ontario Power Generation, Nuclear (OPG,N) standards, and business objectives.
- Identify and implement improvements to the outage scheduling process.
- Identify risks to the outage, and facilitate mitigation, or escalate to the appropriate levels of the organization for resolution. Integrate project work with outage work. (Not applicable in Nuclear Refurbishment)
- Measure and report performance in scheduling and executing planned outage work.
- Oversee planning milestones for quality and completeness, and manage recovery plans for missed or incomplete milestones.
- Oversee significant planning and preparation for multi-unit Vacuum Building Outages (VBO) and unit Refurbishments.
- Provide guidance to managers regarding improvements to outage execution processes. Review and maintain the station long-range outage plan.
- Other Duties as Required
- Requires practical experience in the operation of multi-unit Candu nuclear facility, as associated with the Nuclear qualification program, to become familiar with the systems, equipment, and processes involved in the operation and maintenance of the plant.
- Requires on-the-job experience to appreciate the interrelationship between the various systems, equipment and processes.
- Requires a sound understanding of the relationship between systems, equipment and processes as they relate to public and worker safety, in order to be capable of using this experience and comprehension to facilitate the solution of problems.
- Requires experience in supervisory capacity to effectively direct the work of the unit.
- Project Management experience required.
- Outage management experience is preferred.
- A period of over 8 years and up to an including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1805
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 4
- Level: Senior
- Location: Bowmanville
- Duration: 3 years
- Closing Date: Monday, April 17th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)