We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Data Engineer
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP6 (Senior – 8+ years relevant experience)
Employment Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
Contract Duration: 2 years
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week
Location: Toronto, Ontario (flexible on work location – may also be based out of Pickering or Whitby)
- Design & build large-scale data pipelines and data infrastructure leveraging the wide range of data sources across the organization.
- Document & assist in developing best practice, data delivery solutions using enterprise data ingestion, ETL and data management tools.
- Work closely with infrastructure teams to ensure an optimal data & advanced analytics platform, for current and future state.
- Clean, prepare and optimize datasets, ensuring lineage and quality controls are applied throughout the data integration cycle.
- Support Business Intelligence Analysts in modelling data for visualization and reporting.
- Stay current with advanced technologies, including AI/Machine learning, Data Management, and Cloud Data Storage techniques.
- Create & document efficient data pipelines (ETL/ELT).
- Write and optimize complex queries on large data sets.
- Transform data and map them to more valuable and understandable sets for consumption.
- Create tooling to help with day-to-day tasks.
- Troubleshoot issues related to data accuracy and create the source of truth.
- Help remove the friction from other members of the organization and allow them to focus on their primary objective.
- Introduce new technologies to the environment through research and POCs.
- Reduce toil by automation.
- Collaborate with business analysts, data scientists, software engineers, and solution architects to develop data pipelines to feed our data marketplace.
- Extract, analyze & interpret large, complex datasets for use in predictive modelling.
- Utilize Azure tools to develop automated, productionized data pipelines.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Develop and support ETL code for data warehouse and data marts to support the reporting and data analytic systems.
- Work with tools in the Microsoft Stack; Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Databases, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Synapse Analysis Services, Azure Databricks, and Power BI.
- Data deployment experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 3 years of proven experience as a Data Engineer in a Big Data environment.
- Knowledge in various advanced data mining techniques.
- Experience with integrating structured and unstructured data across various platforms and sources.
- Experience working with SAP as a data source is preferred.
- Proficient in SQL database management systems.
- Confident & versatile IT professional with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the Business and IT community.
- Strong CS fundamental, Data Structure and Algorithm knowledge.
- Strong understanding of Statistics.
- Experience working and preparing data for Data Science / Machine Learning models preferred.
- Experience with Azure Data Lake preferred.
- Experience creating ETL jobs using Azure Pipeline and Dataflow.
- Strong knowledge with programming methodologies (version control, testing, QA) and agile development methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Azure tools required to develop automated, productionized data pipelines.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with relational, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Fluency with SQL, R and Python (pandas, boto3, scikit-learn, sparkmagic).
- Experience working with large, complex datasets.
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing requests and multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience managing a project backlog and working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively on a self-organizing team with minimal supervision.
- Proactive and creative problem solver with the ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines.
- Power BI experience is a big plus.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1658
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Toronto
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 (5:00PM EST)