We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Coordinating Sr. Project Engineer/Officer
Resume Due Date: Monday, February 5th, 2024 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Level: MP6 (Senior)
Contract Duration: 12 months
Hours of work: 35
Location: 889 Brock Road, Pickering (Hybrid, 2 days remote)
- Review and maintain awareness of all corporate procedures pertinent to project control and administration.
- Communicate with appropriate departments and areas to ensure availability of latest practices on budgeting, estimating, scheduling, etc.
- Communicate with engineering counterparts internally and externally to exchange information and views on improved designs, products, methods and techniques.
- Maintain liaison with concerned internal and external groups, regulatory bodies and agencies and cooperate in exchange of engineering.
- Arrange and as appropriate, chair meetings involving group(s) concerned with a given project.
- Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, to meet the project objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Meet with consultants and contractors before and after contract awards to influence the same to change their methods, office procedures, design criteria, etc. to ones more suitable to the Corporation, at minimum cost to the Corporation.
- Participate in programs to dispose of surplus equipment which becomes available, consequent to cancelled construction projects, such as unused turbines, generators, etc. Meet with potential buyers and influence them to accept such equipment in lieu of their original intended purchases.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project required for input to the generation planning process and/or alternative to be considered.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of project assessment reports.
- Provide coordination and assistance in the preparation of preliminary project studies and reports and in the preparation of submissions to senior management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds.
- Initiate, coordinate and assist in the preparation of project control schedules, cost estimates and project performance specifications; monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule changes; provide appropriate departments and agencies with detailed project requirements, interpreting and discussing with personnel involved as required.
- Arrange for application to, and negotiate with, agencies, internal and external, for all necessary approvals, licenses, permits or clearances required and where necessary influence them to accept OPG proposals and make changes to regulations, where practical and safe to do.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements and arrange for necessary changes. Coordinate and monitor the preparation of specifications, requisitions, evaluation of tenders, purchasing recommendations, and contract administration.
- Arrange meetings as required to coordinate requirements and progress between design, suppliers, construction and operations.
- Maintain close liaison with field construction and operation on matters involving design, schedules, costing, and other related issues. Initiate, coordinate, arrange and control supporting services by other departments and external organizations.
- Provide immediate and higher management with appropriate reports on work progress.
- Review detailed cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for over- or under-expenditures and take corrective actions when required.
- Execute other project management functions as required by the corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide work direction to staff assigned to assist in the preceding duties. Plan, organize and schedule the unit’s work activity, carrying out specific phases and assigning others to staff with instruction, coordinating their work, providing direction on their problem areas, reviewing and assessing their performance and attending to the usual personnel matters.
- Undertake the organizing, coordinating and controlling of all stages of project engineering for assigned projects from inception and approval to final acceptance, or its transfer to a dedicated project unit.
- Visit various site locations, manufacturers, suppliers, etc. Be prepared to observe plant sites and installations in Canada and outside the country to observe techniques, equipment, etc.
- Provide input as required and utilize knowledge gained for Ontario Power Generation (OPG) application.
- Four-year university education in an appropriate field.
- Experience in a supervisory role to coordinate staff effort related to design and development activities for major generating station facilities.
- Requires experience in project management.
- Required experience a period of over 10 years and up to and including 12 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1923
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 12 Months
- Closing Date: Monday, February 5th, 2024 (5:00PM EST)