We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Assistant Technical Engineer
Resume Due Date: Friday, December 1st, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP3 (Intermediate)
Duration: 24 months
Hours of work: 35
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering
- Perform the duties of Technical Engineer/Officer in Projects Design. Job responsibilities include performing the duties of Design Engineer as associated with Qualification 33685, including and not limited to — Plant modifications as per N-PROC-MP-0090, Oversight of contractors as per N-COl-00120-10000, administration of design activities, and any other duties and accountabilities as required of Design Engineer.
- Solve problems, to provide advice and guidance, to initiate developmental studies and to make recommendations during the design, commissioning, and operation of a nuclear facility; to evaluate components or materials, and to perform economic studies and evaluations associated with the design, commissioning, and operation of a nuclear facility. Requires further experience in the position to become familiar with the work and fully competent.
- Perform detailed design, manage engineering and design activities of multi-disciplinary projects in OPG’s nuclear sites from concept to commissioning.
- Protects the station design basis and adheres to nuclear governance with emphasis on safety as the overriding priority.
- Be a Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the Province of Ontario.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering.
- 4-6 years of Nuclear Projects’ Detailed Design experience, through providing technical expert knowledge and support.
- Possess strong knowledge of physics, chemistry, metallurgy, mathematics, electricity, engineering, and economics to technically understand the operation of the nuclear facility. Requires advanced knowledge of one or more of these subjects to evaluate and propose improvements to processes, equipment, and systems or to unit safety, reliability, and performance.
- Requires knowledge of English to prepare clear and concise reports and recommendations both verbally and in writing.
- Experienced in leading / performing Nuclear Projects Design assignments to prepare detailed design documents, Analysis and Reports, Scope of Work, Procurement Specifications (Equipment and Services), review Vendors’ proposals as well as Vendor’s designs and documents for a multi discipline project.
- Has good understanding of OPG’s risk-based Engineering Change Control process.
- Capable of following up with all stakeholders in a nuclear plant including procurement, field engineering, operations and maintenance and provide necessary technical services during field installation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1883
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 24 months
- Closing Date: Friday December 1st, 2023 (5:00PM EST)