Position: Finance Assistant
Company: CPUS Engineering
Candidate may choose to work on-site or Hybrid (must reside in or close to Oakville, ON in order to commute to the office) In office 1 day per week is required.
A background check is a condition of employment.
The Finance Assistant/Admin Clerk shall be responsible for supporting the Senior Financial Officer in managing the financials of the company, mainly comprised of accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks. This role involves a general bookkeeping knowledge/background along with some office administration experience such as verifying invoices, filing, entering data in excel and other administrative duties. The ideal candidate must have a strong background in office administration along with excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Provides basic bookkeeping functions and clerical tasks.
- Assists in creating invoices using QuickBooks software.
- Posting and managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable payments and updating internal reports.
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers.
- Settle accounts by reconciling entries.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work on a daily basis.
- Maintain project spreadsheets on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the completion and the review of expense reports and invoices.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing and scanning.
- Maintain office supplies for the office.
- Uphold a high level of confidentiality for all business-related activities.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with all staff, visitors, and clients.
- Filing and other administrative duties as required.
- Proven communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Proficient in Excel to prepare documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets.
- Experience using QuickBooks is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent administrative, time-management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and to act on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong follow-up skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff and clients in a variety of situations.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and respect.
- Degree or Diploma/Certificate in Office Administration is considered an asset.
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week (Hybrid)
Job Type: Full Time employee
Health/Dental Benefits: Yes
CPUS Engineering Staffing Solutions Inc. is a staffing and recruitment agency based in Oakville, Ontario. Founded in 2004, CPUS Engineering Staffing Solutions is recognized as a leading staffing agency in the provision of technical staffing solutions to the Canadian nuclear power industry.
CPUS Engineering Staffing Solutions is a customer-focused organization comprised of a recruitment team which has a reputation of high integrity and professionalism when interacting with their clients and candidates.
CPUS Engineering Staffing Solutions Inc. is a growing and progressive company and has a proven track record in meeting their clients’ staffing needs on a permanent and contract basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 based on level of experience.
- Administrative Assistant 3 years
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID:
- Job Type: Full Time (Employee)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Location: Oakville, ON
- Closing Date: