When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for an open job, but to an inventory for future vacancies.
As positions become available, applicants who meet the screening requirements identified by the hiring manager may be contacted for further assessment.
- Participate in the operational review, validation, verification and approval processes for new or revised procedures.
- Provide expert technical input into the content of operations or maintenance procedures.
- Assess Technical Procedure Action Requests (TPAR) for completeness and work with TPAR initiator to ensure request meets standard and that the TPAR can be accepted or if necessary, rejected and submitted correctly.
- Check all relevant documents and verify accuracy of references.
- Assumes role of document owner during work flow from TPAR acceptance to issuance.
- Ensure accuracy of technical content and review comments.
- Work with Technical Writer following OPG governance and guidelines to ensure documents meet OPG standards.
- Attend stakeholder reviews.
- Meet all deliverables and TCDs for documents assigned to them.
- Maintain an awareness of current plant operating conditions and professional competency.
- Keep abreast of changes to operational practices, plant technology and system modifications and equipment applications.
- Requires good knowledge of nuclear station policies and principles, hazards and constraints, operation procedures and radiation protection procedures.
- Requires good knowledge of operating systems and equipment, regulations and guidelines and operational methods and techniques required to safely and efficiently operate a nuclear power facility in order to review and revise technical procedures.
- Experience as a previously Certified MCR staff member, a Unit, Common Unit or Fuel Handling Qualified Operator, or as a Control/Mechanical Maintainer would be highly beneficial but personnel with a compatible level of experience and training may be considered.
- Experience includes work practices and techniques associated with the operation and maintenance of nuclear plant facilities.
- A period of over 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Requires good written and oral communication skills to prepare procedures, information to provide advice, guidance and technical expertise.
- Requires good planning and work management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with other work groups and a willingness to accept and respond to constructive criticism.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of Grade XII plus 3 years further concentrated study in the Engineering Technology field or similar for Nuclear Power Plant Operations or Grade XII plus 2 years further concentrated study in maintenance disciplines.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1318
- Job Type: Contract
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate/Senior
- Location: Darlington
- Duration: 1 year
- Closing Date: Ongoing