The Site Manager will be reporting to the client’s Regional Vice President and responsible for client relations, safety performance, cost control, and project management of the Nanticoke site.
The Site Manager position is a contract position based in Nanticoke, Ontario.
- Overall company responsibility to manage safety programs, training and injury/case management as required for client site policy and procedures as well as the company’s specific expectations, utilizing the safety team to effectively perform similar duties.
- Responsible for the LPS program and to ensure effective execution of the program content in conjunction with the Site Safety Team and Corporate Safety Leader.
- Participation in all safety programs and requirements of the client.
- Responsible for investigations.
- Monitor and address performance within the company’s expectations and report current status and trends to home office on a weekly basis.
- Lead 2nd level LPS Stewardship.
- Implement discipline matrix for the company.
- Responsible for mentoring the entire work front and ensure training and monitoring of all site personnel is conducted.
- Complete quarterly pitstop reviews as well as yearly performance reviews in conjunction with home office HR and GM for successful goal setting and communication with the team.
- Lead Supervisor Assessment program to ensure all supervisors are meeting business objectives with respect to safety, quality, schedule compliance, estimate compliance and productivity tracking.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with all unionized trade labour Business Managers and work with GM on resolving trade assignment and union issues as required.
- Report weekly to home office on any trade issues or concerns at the job site.
- Create and maintain a site succession plan to ensure back-up personnel is available in all disciplines and critical roles in both trades and staff, and to allow effective transition as needed to support the needs of the client.
- Monitor actual spend to budgets and validation of variances and corrective action and report overall status of all POs to client and home office.
- Monitor schedule compliance and validate schedule updates and status of work to cost allocations.
- Validation of all payments and cash flow, following up on blocked line items and approvals from client.
- Oversee invoicing to the client and all invoicing from sub-contractors and suppliers for accuracy, coding and approvals to allow payment process and tracking to be completed.
- Negotiate vendor and supplier agreements in conjunction with home office procurement group to ensure safety, quality, price and service are in line with company and client expectations.
- Responsible to ensure invoicing, cost and charges to client remain within the contract variables and work with client team as required to ensure any areas of concern are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- As required, work with GM on contract amendments to suit the needed changes or client requests.
- Analyze the data collected from the daily tracking on holds, delays and reason codes and look for trends and key opportunities to improve in all areas of schedule and cost compliance.
- Work with the home office Project Controls group and GM in implementing changes as required.
- KPI stewardship and performance reporting.
- Manage the quality program and follow up on non-conformance issues.
- Ensure client standards, code requirements and CIMS expectations are met on all work fronts, utilizing the site QA/QC team to effectively manage the job site.
- Monitor and track site performance within company expectations and report on current status and trends to the home office on a weekly basis.
- Attend all required client meetings as scheduled.
- Work with client team to implement changes and site wide improvements and opportunities on cost and schedule as well as site personnel.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management, Project Controls, Cost Estimating, Planning/Scheduling.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing innovative processes and strategies to solve problems.
- An undergraduate degree or skilled trades certification in a relevant discipline, and/or 5-10 years of experience in a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be an asset.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and strategic thinking skills to support the goals of the company.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive information.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #924-001
- Job Type: Contract
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Nanticoke
- Closing Date: Tue Jan 29, 2019