- Assist the VP Projects in business development activities in their area of influence.
- Assist the Branch Manager and VP Projects in all aspects of business planning relative to project execution.
- Accountable for execution of the business plan in their area. The Project Manager is the primary contact with the customer and is responsible for managing customer expectations.
- Leading the project team through the entire project life cycle, from initiation through project closeout, to ensure timely completion of the project deliverables within scope, schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Providing direct supervision to staff engaged in performing project functions.
- Developing the overall plan for managing, executing, and controlling the project that encompasses scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk, integration, procurement, project human resources, and communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Defining the project work breakdown structure, schedule and budget, and reporting metrics appropriate for the project size, risk, complexity and contractual requirements.
- Work closely with the Project Controls Supervisor to define and select the project controls, tools and processes to meet these requirements.
- Working closely with Engineering in the proposal process (estimates, scope definition, etc.) and during the project execution and closeout phases.
- Communicate with the project team on a day-to-day basis to drive production of deliverables and provide leadership to resolve issues and roadblocks impacting project progress.
- Ensure risks and issues are identified, documented, assessed for potential impact to the project, and tracked until resolution. Develop mitigation plans as required.
- Ensure the request for change order process is applied when issues that impact project scope, schedule or cost cannot be resolved, and to document customer approval.
- Monitor project status and execution to identify variances, and take action to correct variances from plan.
- Lead meetings, approve status reports, metrics, commercial correspondence, request for change orders, minutes of meetings, and other project management documentation, and ensure that the documents are maintained in the project files.
- Develop a solid understanding of the project goals, objectives, and contractual requirements, and maintain focus on those objectives.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and documented throughout the project lifecycle.
- Participate in project management training, coaching, and mentoring as required.
- Communicate project performance status, risks and trends to the Vice President, Projects.
- Ensure that customer concurs with project completion and that the project is closed in accordance with the company’s QA program.
- Honours (or better) graduate degree from a university of recognized standing and is a member or eligible to be a member of PEO with a minimum of 5 plus years of experience.
- An advanced degree or Business Management degree would be an asset
- Project Management Training (PMP/PMI) or another professional designation is an asset.
- Familiarity with complex engineering concepts, project management practices and procedures.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact well at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team environment and take direction from coworkers and superiors.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands.
- Results oriented and takes ownership of assigned tasks, strong multi-tasker and team player.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and work with competing priorities.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access a plus.
- Ability to assess corporate climate, socio-economic factors, trends, and other criteria to determine chances of project success.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Fast paced environment.
- Repetitive computer work.
- Minor lifting related to an average desk position, supplies/reports etc.
- Interaction with various persons/clients internal and external, requires mental dexterity and attention to detail.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #906-064
- Job Type: Full Time
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate/Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Closing Date: Fri Feb 1, 2019