Resume Due Date: Fri Aug 16, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Duration: end date Dec 18, 2019
Location: Pickering, Ontario
- Independent review of all work related to CSA N 287.7 to extend VBO outage to 2024.
- Review OPG submission to the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
- Provide recommendations and rationale for Ontario Power Generation.
- Review OPG Feasibility Study of a possible deferral of VBO outage beyond 2024 (e.g. 2028).
- If required, participate and provide support in regulatory discussions and respond to CNSC questions on the feasibility study.
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering related and solid mechanics.
- 20-25 years of CANDU reactor structural design and analysis.
- Strong knowledge and experience with CSA codes and standards, specifically CSA N287.
- Experience working with the CSA Standards Committee, specifically CSA N287.
- Structural, design, stress, and seismic analysis of the CANDU Reactor Building, and Reactor Vacuum Building.
- Experience interfacing with regulators, i.e. the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis and Probabilistic Risk Assessment.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1416
- Job Type: Contract
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: end date Dec 18, 2019
- Closing Date: Fri Aug 16, 2019 (5:00PM EST)