Resume Due Date: Tue Jul 16, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Duration: 9 month contract position, 35 hours/week
Location: 800 Kipling Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
- Responsible for facilitating the development and implementation of technical trades training courses for the Renewable Generation business.
- Plan, organize and carry out training analysis, design, update and evaluation for assigned technical trades training programs as needed for the safe and effective development of Renewable Generation staff.
- Responsible for needs assessments and for providing advice and guidance to ensure programs are aligned with training best practices and the needs of the Renewable Generation business.
- Act as the lead for the development of assigned technical trades related training courses and associated materials, working closely with Learning & Development (L&D), Plant Group Management, Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Stakeholders to ensure training deliverables are met.
- Provide technical training expertise related to training technologies, instructional techniques and discipline specific knowledge of hydro/thermal plant operations and maintenance to develop and implement technical trades training programs/courses. As a training SME, recommend training or other interventions, and implement as approved.
- Modify or adapt existing training courses and materials to address the needs of revised or new training courses. Leverage what was previously used and developed to quickly address current or emerging training needs.
- Identify, develop and implement appropriate training solutions to meet business needs by understanding training development techniques, business processes, technical trades/operations, and organizational systems and structures. Provide “needs assessment” services to Plant Group Management, SMEs and Stakeholders to ensure the least invasive solutions are considered first before moving to the most business impacting training interventions for the Renewable Generation business.
- Meet regularly with training Program Leads, Training Managers and other team members to ensure the quality, consistency, effectiveness and relevance of training programs being developed. Facilitate and perform training material and documentation changes, updates or roll-outs. Monitor and advise when gaps are identified.
- Work with others, including internal and external partners and contractors, and participate in the establishment of any outsourced training contracts as needed to ensure they are appropriately managed.
- Work directly with the L&D function within Renewable Generation to advise on training enhancements, modifications or any other notable aspects to improve training outcomes for improved performance. Provide training gap analysis as required.
- Willingness to travel with the ability to work without supervision.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Certification in a technical trade (e.g. Millwright or Electrician) along with formal education in an appropriate field such Adult Education, Human Resources, Technical Writing or Engineering is preferred.
- Requires knowledge of adult learning and training development principles.
- Requires a broad knowledge of technical trades practices (mechanical and/or electrical) related to plant operations and maintenance in a hydro or thermal power generating station.
- Familiarity with equipment and processes found in a hydro or thermal generating station or similar heavy industry would be preferred.
- Requires knowledge of technical writing, adult education principles and training technology methods for the development and implementation of training programs.
- Requires a high degree of skill with using the full suite of MS Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio and MS SharePoint. Experience with Ventyx Asset Suite 7 preferred.
- 5 + years of training and adult education development.
- Requires a good knowledge of English, communications, adult teaching skills, learning/comprehension processes and techniques, to develop effective programs/courses, and to communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision is required.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1408
- Job Type: Contract
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Toronto
- Duration: 9 months
- Closing Date: Tue Jul 16, 2019 (5:00PM EST)