Resume Due Date: Tue May 21, 2019 (4:30PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
- Participate in the operational review, validation, verification and approval processes for new or revised maintenance procedures.
- Provide expert technical input into the content of maintenance procedures.
- Assess Technical Procedure Action Requests (TPARs) for completeness and work with the TPAR initiator to ensure the request meets the standard and ensures that the TPAR can be accepted or rejected and submitted correctly.
- Check all relevant documents and verify accuracy of references.
- Assumes role of document owner during work flow from TPAR acceptance to issuance.
- Ensure accuracy of technical content and review comments.
- Work with Technical Writer following OPG governance and guidelines to ensure documents meet OPG standards.
- Attend stakeholder reviews.
- Meet all deliverables and TCDs for documents assigned to them.
- Maintain an awareness of current plant operating conditions and professional competency.
- Keep abreast of changes to operational and maintenance practices, plant technology and system modifications and equipment applications.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of Grade XII plus 3 years further concentrated study in the Power Engineering field or similar for Nuclear Power Plant Operations or Grade XII plus 2 years further concentrated study in maintenance disciplines.
- Knowledge of nuclear station policies and principles, hazards and constraints, maintenance procedures and station of radiation protection procedures.
- Knowledge of operating systems and equipment, regulations and guidelines and maintenance methods and techniques required to safely and efficiently operate and maintain a nuclear power facility in order to review and revise technical procedures.
- Requires good written and oral communication skills to prepare procedures, information to provide advice, guidance and technical expertise.
- Good planning and work management skills.
- Knowledge of the processes related to operating and maintaining a Nuclear Power Station.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with other work groups and a willingness to accept and respond to constructive criticism.
- Experience as a previously qualified Control/Mechanical Maintainer is desired but personnel with a compatible level of experience and training may also be considered.
- Experience includes work practices and techniques associated with the operation and maintenance of nuclear plant facilities.
- A period of over 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1382
- Job Type: Contract
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Darlington
- Duration: 2 year contract, 35 hours/week
- Closing Date: Tue May 21, 2019 (4:30PM EST)