We are requesting resumes for the following position: Technical Engineer/Officer
Resume Due Date: Friday, May 12th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP3 (Intermediate)
Duration: 1 year
Location: 889 Brock Rd, Pickering
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
- Prepare/Review the requirements of the safety related structures inspection program plan and integrate these requirements with long-term generation planning and planned outage scheduling
- Identify inspection scope to the Outage Department for Safety Related Structures in containment in accordance with N PROC MA 0013, Planned Outage Management, and enter Work Requests into ASSET SUITE identifying outage and Integrated Operations Plan Inspection campaigns
- Initiate work requests for all areas identified for repair in the final inspection report and ensure that repairs are completed within the time frame recommended by the ISP/Manager Engineering (Pickering) and Manager Design Engineering (Darlington) as applicable and by the Section Manager for Eastern and Western Waste Performance Engineering.
- Prepare an inspection scope and define to ISP , applicable requirements for performing Safety Related Structures inspections, in accordance with approved PIP plans.
- Interface with station personnel and support implementation of inspection activities (e.g., communication, accessibility, work scoping and/or planning, scheduling). This interface should include the ISP review of the station inspection program plans and schedules to assist in resource planning and execution of inspections.
- Review inspection results against in-service inspection scope with ISP/BOP to identify anomalies/dispositions.
- Prepare formal correspondence to regulator (AHJ) and submit final in-service report to Designated Licensing Authority (DI-A). (i) Ensure the original of the in-service examination reports and legacy inspection reports are filed as Quality Assurance (QA) records for permanent retention prior to submission to the AHJ.
- Prepare and maintain database of inspection findings.
- Assign tracking for items requiring further examination and/or analysis.
- Be accountable to compile, trend and arrange to retain inspection data and findings from various campaigns for the life of the facility in the controlled document system ASSET SUITE. (m) Distribute the results of in-service inspection campaigns
- Professional Engineer with Province of Ontario with Degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering.
- Knowledgeable of CSA N291 Standard
- Knowledge of CSA N287.2 Standard
- Knowledge of CSAA23.3
- Proficiency in NBCC, OBC
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1827
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 1 year
- Closing Date: Friday, May 12th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)