Under supervision, this individual will effectively perform diagnosis and troubleshooting of complex IR products at a system level (to component or sub-assembly as required), which will result in the successful repair and maintenance of thermography products. This technician will also assist internal and external customers (via in-person, phone, email, etc.) to resolve service issues.
- Conduct routine repair, diagnosis, service, support and upgrades to all thermography systems products.
- Assist Engineering in development and implementation of system upgrades, ECO’s, and new product implementation. Provide detailed product feedback so that corrective action can be implemented.
- Develop standard repair and maintenance procedures which will be documented to company and ISO 9000 standards.
- Provide technical support in the development of customer service spare parts inventory, including establishing requirements for contents and quantities.
- As required, effectively provide customer support via telephone or email regarding technical repair issues.
- Provide accurate repair cost estimates.
- Participate in the development and implementation of training courses.
- Support the servicing of demo, rental and trade-in equipment.
- Support annual Inframation conference and international training seminars by attending them as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years prior work experience in a related field.
- Requires an AS degree in electronics or equivalent.
- Strong electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills, proficient with using electronic test equipment required, e.g., oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, and signal generators.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- 1-3 years prior experience servicing thermal imaging equipment preferred.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #925-001
- Job Type: Full Time
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Burlington
- Closing Date: Wed Jul 31, 2019