Resume Due Date: Tuesday July 16, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Duration: 24 month contract, 35 hours/week
Location: Pickering, Ontario
- Working in Safe Storage Projects department in a project management and/or Modification Team Leader (MTL) capacity.
- Assigned to work on one of the Safe Storage bundles working on electrical, water systems or building heating projects, managing the project in the areas of cost (budgeting & forecasting), schedule quality and scope control, and modification planning.
- The PM/MTL will provide oversight, monitoring, review and reporting of work required to implement the scope of their assigned project. This will be per project reporting metrics.
- The PM/MTL is accountable for timely identification and/or monitoring of project risks, issues, scope changes (additions and deviations), and budget and schedule variances (cost and schedule performance). This includes the development and implementation of mitigating or recovery plans, and escalation when required.
- The PM/MTL will be expected to fulfill the role as prescribed in Project Management governance and Engineering Change Control procedures.
- Requires sound knowledge of engineering principles and processes associated with nuclear generation facilities as well as business and project management.
- This would normally be acquired through obtaining a 4-year university degree in a relevant field and over 10 years of experience in the construction, modification and maintenance of a nuclear generating station and in the management of projects in these areas.
- Knowledge and experience in project management principles and practices, having led project(s).
- Knowledge and experience in the design/modification business of nuclear generation, as to be conversant with the complexities of the technical organizational and business relationships within a generating station.
- Must have excellent oral and written English skills to communicate effectively.
- Must have leadership skills and ability to influence to facilitate and advance the goals of the project.
- Must have the ability to break down complex problems into manageable parts, and to develop alternative solutions as recommendations.
- Must have the ability to prioritize conflicting requirements to achieve results in a complex and evolving business environment.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1411
- Job Type: Contract
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 24 months
- Closing Date: Tue Jul 16, 2019 (5:00PM EST)