Resume Due Date: Thursday October 10, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Level: Band H
Duration: 36 month contract, 35 hours/week
Location: Refurbishment Project Office (RPO), Darlington, Ontario
Project Title: ALARA Support for Darlington Refurbishment Protection
Reporting to the Radiation Protection Manger, the duties and accountabilities are similar to those for an Nuclear Station ALARA Section Manager.
Provide the expertise, experience, strategies and leadership in support of major radiation source term, contamination, and risk reduction activities to reduce worker dose and prevent radiological events during the refurbishment of Unit 3 at Darlington.
More specifically for NR and for example:
- Radiation exposure permit (REP) logistical design and layout to provide adequate protection while at the same time prevent premature back-outs and job interruptions.
- Strategic Nuclear Refurbishment ALARA Plan detailing dose reduction measures and radiation risk management for high hazard work such as Vault and FM duct access restrictions during open channel work and fueling operations.
- Mitigation strategies and job specific ALARA plans for top priority high dose and high risk contamination jobs.
- Collect and evaluate inter-utility experience sharing and application of refurbishment lessons learned to ensure actions are implemented to prevent RP events during and issues post refurbishment such as those experienced at Bruce and NB Power. For example, Proper Hot Conditioning of the HTS, Pre-dry Crud Reduction Filtration of the HTS, and New Components Micro-cleanliness Plan.
- Coordinate and support the Nuclear Refurbishment ALARA Committee to ensure quality information is available for decision making.
- Development of refurbishment dose targets, dose estimates, performance indicators and tracking mechanism.
- Mentorship of new RP staff and knowledge transfer – to ensure valuable RP knowledge and operating experience are transferred and retained within the Refurbishment RP organization.
- Expert level Radiation Protection and Health Physics knowledge in all aspects.
- Radiation Protection and Health Physics experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the radiological conditions and operational experience which are unique to Darlington and unique to Unit 3.
- Extensive experience with dose reduction initiatives at nuclear power plants with proven track record for identifying issues, determining potential solutions, evaluating the business case to implement, working through the process to get approval, funding, and then implementing or supporting the implementation in the station and monitoring the effectiveness.
- Broad recognition as a leader in ALARA and dose reduction for nuclear power plant maintenance.
- Proven record of the ability to building a strong ALARA program and culture including innovative approaches to dose reduction and dose reduction techniques.
- Recognized ability to provide clear presentations on complicated problems and issues to senior managers and decision makes with well founded recommendations.
- Proven ability to lead small and large teams to investigate technical issues to determine the source of the radiological issue.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1440
- Job Type: Contract
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate/Senior
- Location: Darlington
- Duration: 36 months
- Closing Date: Thu Oct 10, 2019 (5:00PM EST)