We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Fire Protection Engineer
Resume Due Date: Tuesday, August 9th, 2022 (5:00PM EST)
Job Level: MP4 (Senior)
Contract Duration: 18 months
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week
Work Location: Pickering, Ontario (on-site)
- Provide technical evaluations and advice, solve problems and coordinate technical work as required, in a number of major work areas, in support of the commissioning, operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Prepare reports to provide information and data in answer to external requests or for historical purposes.
- Initiate studies or investigations where opportunities for improvement are apparent.
- Review proposals received from internal or external sources related to assigned area. Discuss proposal with originator as necessary to suggest changes or revisions as appropriate.
- Prepare or help prepare specifications, for purchasing requisitions for material, services and equipment. Follow up with procurement and provide necessary technical services during field installation.
- Provide support for ensuring compliance with all site license conditions relating to CSA N293, CSA N393 and associated NFPA codes and standards related to the fire protection program.
- Provide expert advice, guidance, direction and assistance to management and fire protection staff, regarding fire hazard assessment, fire response equipment lifecycle and fire response personal protective equipment and kit.
- Provide interpretations of station compliance requirements with licensing codes and standards (CSA N293, CSA N393, NFPA, NFCC), Provincial and Federal laws, acts, statues, and OPG Fire Protection procedures.
- Ensure all fire protection systems and equipment is operational and initiate appropriate compensatory measures to maintain compliance with regulations and station licence conditions where deficiencies exist.
- Provide support in developing/ updating standards, procedure, Instruction and guides to ensure CNSC regulations, and code and standard requirements are adhered to.
- Assist the Section Manager of Fire Protection Programs with fire risk assessments including review of pertinent system impairments, Fire Safe Shutdown Analysis and Fire Hazard Assessment information, official local information and fire codes and standards to identify credible alternative and performance based strategies for compliance with station licence conditions.
- Develop response plans for postulated fire scenarios based on the plant safety report licensing basis.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing review process to identify any increase in risk from equipment, training, staffing or procedural deficiencies and recommend the requirement to modify the site fire response protocols to compensate for changes in the site specific fire risk.
- Liaise with site department managers to identify solutions to their support needs. Develop and implement Fire Protection service delivery options to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the service to stakeholders.
- Ensure CNSC correspondence is prepared to an appropriate standard and that all recommendations, action notices or directives are appropriately addressed with corrective action plans.
The following is required:
- Knowledge and proficiency of Fire Protection, engineering and economics to technically understand the operation of the facility.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Fire Hazard Assessment, Fire Safe Showdown Assessment, National Building Code of Canada, National fire Code of Canada and CSA N293 to evaluate and propose improvements to Fire Protection processes, equipment, and systems in Nuclear Stations and Facilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; must be equipped to prepare clear and concise reports and make recommendations both verbally and in writing.
- Successful completion of a 4-year university education in an appropriate engineering field or by having the equivalent level of education.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1690
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 18 months
- Closing Date: Tuesday, August 9th, 2022 (5:00PM EST)