We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Electrical Engineer
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, April 12th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: MP4 (Senior)
Duration: 1 year
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
Location: 800 Kipling Ave, Etobicoke
The successful candidate will support the Performance and Testing department in thermal performance activities. Specifically, job duties include:
- Practicing and demonstrating electrical safety
- Working with generator and auxiliary control systems
- Utilizing NERC Standards, NPCC Directories, Transmission System Code and IESO Market Rules, particularly NERC MOD-025, -026 and -027
- Developing Data acquisition systems to obtain High frequency sampling of hydro generator quantities used to demonstrate generator performance
- Analyzing test equipment, signals, data acquisition systems and software used to capture and extract generator performance (add specific equipment if we are planning to use it…)
- Developing testing procedures
- Plant networks and communication protocols
- Working in a multidisciplinary, unionized environment
- Develop proposals and produce recommendations for customer review, keeping Supervisor generally informed of outcome and significant impacts. Assist customer with implementation as requested or appropriate.
- Lead projects/studies within the discipline(s), and direct work of technician and junior staff and/or carry out full responsibility for assigned technical work programs. Develop work plans, determine resource requirements and balance workload with available resources (if applicable), coordinate work efforts with other involved groups, adapt project/study activities to address changing priorities, anticipate and resolve problems, and accomplish planned work results to the satisfaction of the client and Supervisor and within established budgetary and scheduling constraints.
- Produce reports or other documents and/or presentations as required, to portray results of studies and/or field tests carried out.
- Evaluate and secure the services and products of external firms, in accordance with corporate policies and divisional programs.
- Under the guidance of the Supervisor, interact with and when required, appear before government authorities, agencies, regulatory bodies and legislative hearings as a technical expert in the discipline to make representations to secure, protect, or advance OPG’s interests.
- Under guidance of the Supervisor, contribute as required to internal and external committees and task forces to conduct studies and/or carry out work programs.
- Ensure that all work activities, programs, studies, and customer services reflect an awareness of applicable legislated, corporate and departmental safety requirements and programs and are in compliance with same.
- Contribute to the development and administration of the departmental/divisional safety program.
- Provide input to budget submissions, financial evaluations and purchase justifications as requested.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the assigned technical discipline, through reference to relevant technical publications and regular interface with research, industrial, and educational bodies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- The preferred candidate will be a Senior Professional Electrical Engineer licensed with PEO.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 6-8 years of post-university applied electrical engineering experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1774
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Etobicoke
- Duration: 1 year
- Closing Date: Wednesday, April 12th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)