We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Controls and Automation Programmer/Developer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Reports to: Manager, Controls & Automation
Location: GTA West
Working Conditions: In-office, sedentary setting with a minimum of a 40-hour work week, 8 hours per day. Potential overtime hours on evenings and weekends at peak business hours to ensure business continuance. Occasional requirement to be in a production environment for certain phases of projects. In addition, some occasional lifting to a maximum of up to 25 lbs. Occasional technical troubleshooting to determine if a physical or software issue. Occasional travel required (approximately 20% each year within North America).
Engineering of controls, schematics and programs using applicable software’s for the operation of automated equipment, and for the manipulation of associated data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and apply basic ladder logic principles, including sequencer and analog control for I/O systems of 128 I/O or less. Ability to program and interface basic HMI screens for projects as required.
- Understand Innovative Automation Inc. scheduling and budget requirements and apply personal management skills to meet required time and material allowances.
- Communicate effectively with management, fellow staff, and customers the status of current projects, project concerns and possible solutions.
- Reviews machine function with senior electrical developer, mechanical design personnel, and mechanical developer associated with the project.
- Study drawings, manuals, and specifications, then using appropriate software’s proceed to writing all necessary programs.
- Document all software written as per Innovative Automation Inc. standards
- Develop all software written to achieve specified performance criteria Development will be done in a “team” environment, which will include electrical and mechanical interests.
- Research and develop application and use of products involved in a project. Research and development records to be filed for future reference. Successes and failures to be entered into the PGA file under “Best Practices”.
- Ability to program I/O systems more than 128 I/O. Systems could include networked components, motion control, vision, robotics, and weld control.
- Ability to understand, and apply, high-end PLC commands and HMI usage.
- Project management throughout the entire phase.
- Organize and manage multiple staff of similar skill levels where projects require team approach to maintain scheduling.
- Understand and apply SCADA systems.
- Prepare and present demonstrations in a professional manner.
- Non-conformances throughout the project are to be recorded as per ISO policy.
- As per ISO policy, Project Requirements form is to be initialed once associated phase of a project is complete.
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching junior controls team
Skills and Qualifications Requirements:
- College or University level Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering program
- 5+ years of experience with engineering of automated machinery and robotics
- Strong leadership skills with the willingness to mentor and coach
- Effective communicator with the ability to speak to groups, customers, suppliers, and engineers
- Analytical thinker with the ability to take a lead on solving problems and issues that may arise
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 911-006
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: GTA West
- Closing Date: