Resume Due Date: Monday September 30, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Duration: 3 year contract, 35 hours/week
Location: Pickering, Ontario
A project engineer will be assigned to either the RDM Scope, Plant Modification Scope or Tooling Scope of the project.
- Complete tasks associated with the MTL role as described in N-PROC-MP-0090.
- Review Design and project deliverables.
- Perform oversight on the vendor’s design and fabrication activities.
- Support advancement of project schedule and deliverables while controlling project costs as per the business case.
- Produce documentation, reports, plans, procedures, etc. as required to advance project objectives.
- Work individually or as part of a team to advance project objectives.
- Seek support or assistance from Project Manager or other team members, as required.
- Participate in unit, system and integration testing necessary to commission deliverable(s).
- Prepare or revise appropriate documentation, i.e. procedures, test plans, reports.
- Interface with project stakeholders, suppliers, customers, as well as other OPG functional areas, i.e. supply chain, controlled documents/records.
- Conduct work safely in accordance with all OPG procedures and policies.
- Follow and support applicable governance, i.e: Project Management, Engineering Change Control.
- Support the Project Schedule and Budget.
- Make recommendations to advance the project schedule.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting, providing technical support and/or advice as required.
- Professional Engineer designation.
- PMP designation is preferred.
- The successful candidate will need to be an experienced Project Engineer/Leader in the nuclear industry.
- Experienced individuals will need to come in with little time for ramp up and will be expected to take a leadership role on the project.
- Motivated self starter.
- Experience working on projects, preferably nuclear.
- Experience working as a project team member in large, complex and multifaceted technical projects.
- Experience working with stakeholders.
- Articulate and effective communicator in English (both written and verbal).
- Experience executing technical projects – either design support or project management support.
- OPG specific project experience as an MTL or Project Coordinator.
- Familiarity with nuclear Engineering Change Control process.
- Experience with Automation.
- Experience with Reactor Inspection Tooling.
- Experience with Fuel Handling.
- Experience working at PNGS and DNGS sites.
- Familiarity with the station and station stakeholders.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1431
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Pickering
- Duration: 3 years
- Closing Date: Mon Sep 30, 2019 (5:00PM EST)