We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Program/Portfolio Manager
Resume Due Date: Friday, March 10th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hours: 35 hours per week
Level: Band F (Senior)
Duration: 2 year
Location: 700 University Ave, Toronto
Standard Security Clearance is required.
The Portfolio / Program Manager is accountable for directing and integrating the activities of multiple, primary project operations. They ensure that the project’s efforts are generally cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the mission, goals, and strategic plan of an organization. Moreover, the Portfolio / Program Manager establishes policies, strategies, and operating objectives consistent strong project management methodologies within the existing Information Technology Project Management Office framework. These strategies will ensure the efficient and effective implementation of major cross-organizational projects. The role will participate and supervise the development, performance, and maintenance of individual project objectives and short and long-range plans via standard project management tools.
Additionally, this role develops, tracks, and evaluates programs to help accomplish established project goals and objectives critical to delivering business outcomes. The role will also manage and administer a large and diverse team of professional/technical professional and support staff, both directly and through project managers to effectively complete program level resource plans.
Moreover, the portfolio / program manager will also establish and manage complex, multi-faceted budgets that involve large scale vendors contracts. It will also be important for this role to collaborate with direct and indirect reports to identify where management and technical reinforcement is needed, and the appropriate corrective actions are implemented. The role must oversee the development and implementation of training, communications, testing and change management plans to ensure the successful execution of project deliverables required for successful turnover to the various business units. This will require a diverse set of skills and innovative solutions to meet time sensitive schedules in a complex large multi-site organization.
- Experience in running large/multiple portfolios, and teams of project managers
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects that span across various applications and integrations, departments, and sites
- Work with internal business partners in corporate services, Finance, human resources, IT, PMO to clearly define and drive project scope, benefits, timeline, change management
- Oversee project delivery process with key contributors to help manage scope and prepare change requests – including tasks, deliverables, milestones, resources, and estimated costs
- Responsible for approval of all phases of the projects by implementing the Project Life-cycle Methodology, review and approval of the individual program and project charters requirements, scope, schedule, presented by outsourced partners
- Review financial and status reports and adjust the portfolio plan when necessary
- Ensure that internal client issues are addressed to meet the client’s business goals, compliance with corporate and department policies, standards, and practices
- Conduct periodic review of proposed projects to determine duplicate of effort, the ability to consolidate projects to achieve similar goals/objectives, and to validate continued need against evolving mission objectives and vision
- Establish a formal procedure to accept and review submitted changes for in-flight projects
- Provides strategic leadership and technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of project activities.
- Ensures that the program is technically sound, evidence-based, and consistent with funder and stakeholders’ priorities.
- Provides oversight of program implementation including all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance.
- Oversees the selection and training of qualified program staff, assigning clear roles and responsibilities, providing effective supervision, and managing performance to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensures the project produces the specified results in the annual workplan(s) to the required standard of quality and within the timeline and budget parameters.
- Oversees budget pipeline development and budget monitoring.
- Conducts monthly/weekly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of financial deliverables and obligations.
- Ensures that the project progresses in accordance with its contractual obligations and complies with donor regulations and internal organizational policies.
- Handling infrastructure, understanding of IT projects application, lifecycle.
- IT/software background is 30% and 70% is bringing the program together executive level support/dashboarding and performance.
- Building a program and reporting/delivering executive level steering committee communication and packages.
- Experience managing a centralized risk log.
- Interface with external regulators and be exposed to external audits.
- Experience running ERP projects with multiple work streams.
- Experience with Board or executive level report outs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1791
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Toronto
- Duration: 2 years
- Closing Date: Friday, March 10th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)