We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Procurement Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hours: 40 hours per week
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension/renewal
Location: either Pickering/Kincardine (on-site)
- Develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with the company’s objectives and budgetary requirements.
- Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers based on their capability, reliability, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Negotiate favorable terms, conditions, and pricing agreements with suppliers, ensuring optimal value for the company through contract negotiation.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery, resolve any issues or disputes, and continuously improve supplier performance.
- Assess technical specifications of equipment, materials, and services to ensure they meet the company’s requirements and standards.
- Conduct thorough cost analysis and value engineering to identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
- Generate accurate purchase orders, review order confirmations, track deliveries, and address any discrepancies or delays.
- Collaborate with inventory control teams to maintain optimal inventory levels and minimize stockouts or excess inventory.
- Work closely with quality assurance teams to ensure compliance with specifications, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with procurement activities, such as supply chain disruptions or quality issues.
- Monitor procurement processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement best practices to optimize efficiency and reduce costs.
- Stay updated with industry trends, market conditions, and new technologies to make informed procurement decisions.
- Maintain accurate records of procurement activities, generate reports, and provide regular updates to management.
- Procurement Engineer or Design Engineer who has completed OPG QID #36586 and has extensive OPG IEE experience.
- Ex-OPG resource is preferable but not mandatory.
- Bruce Power Item Equivalency Evaluation (IEE) experience is preferable but not mandatory if they have OPG IEE experience.
- Design background or Procurement Engineer background.
- The following OPG or BP qualification are required: OPG QID #36586 for Procurement Evaluation (IEE/CGD) or BP IEE experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 803-054
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering/Kincardine
- Duration: 1 year (extendable)
- Closing Date: