Resume Due Date: Fri Jun 14, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Duration: 1 year contract position, proposed start date Aug 1, 2019
- Some rotating shift work as required.
- Interface with OPG stakeholders on the progress of planned work & initiate corrective actions to keep work on schedule, troubleshoot and provide alternate schedule strategy.
- Interface with vendor partners on the progress of planned work and initiate corrective actions to keep work on schedule.
- Report on refurbishment field activities to assist in maximizing production and minimizing outage time without compromising worker safety.
- Advise in the solution of work problems and coordinate work with other groups.
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained, and that information is accurately and effectively carried over from one shift to the next.
- Keep the Joint Venture Shift Supervisor up to date with respect to possible causes, actions taken, required status of the refurbishment unit and obtain advice as required.
- Obtain assistance from maintenance groups and Joint Venture partners to initiate appropriate corrective action to repair defective equipment..
- Interface with Work Control and other stakeholders to ensure planned/scheduled work can progress effectively.
- Provide oversight and advise to Work Control and stakeholder planning sections with respect to schedule development and execution.
- Troubleshoot and provide Operational and technical/scheduling advise to stakeholders as required.
- Prior work management experience in outage and online maintenance is preferred but not necessary.
- Previous experience required from working in a nuclear facility.
- Operational experience required in a supervisory capacity at the Field Shift Operating Supervisor or Supervising Nuclear Operator level or equivalent to handle, plan, organize and control work activities to meet established objectives and concurrent projects.
- Knowledge to understand, apply and utilize Operating Policies and Procedures, station reference plans, radiological and conventional safety procedures, regulations, work protection and Quality Assurance (QA) standards, communications tools, etc., as needed to effectively perform work function.
- Sound practical experience of planning and work management skills to be familiar with the accountabilities of a project leader.
- Experience with contract administration to influence and coordinate the work of mixed services personnel, contractors and vendors through the phases of planning, organizing, scheduling and execution of maintenance work and to motivate same to integrate their efforts and attain optimal work performance.
- Familiarity with P6 and Work Control or Outage scheduling practices is preferred.
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: #500-1393
- Job Type: Contract
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Darlington
- Duration: 1 year contract
- Closing Date: Fri Jun 14, 2019 (5:00PM EST)