We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Nuclear Waste Management Engineer
Vacancies: 2 positions
Duration: Permanent or contract for 24 months renewable
Hours: 40 work workweeks
- The candidate can be based in UAE Dubai or France (Paris or Lyon).
- Flexibility to work remotely but needs to travel to attend face-to-face meetings with our clients, as required.
- Travel and living costs provided.
- Start Date: end of January or beginning of February 2023
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 15 years
Overview of ongoing Projects
Our client, an international nuclear engineering company headquartered in Paris, is currently providing consultancy services to Saudi governmental entity, aiming at developing a “Radioactive Waste Management Program in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”.
The objective of this consultancy service is to develop and execute a program of work to:
- Support the development of a national framework for Radioactive Waste Management (RWM), including developing a national strategy for RWM.
- Review the wastes stored at this time in KSA and support the development of disposal routes and supporting facilities for existing and future wastes.
- Support the development of the organization responsible for operating the waste facility
Additionally, our client will be supporting early next year Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) execute similar waste management project in UAE.
Required Expertise and Skills:
- Elaboration of waste management strategy for the different categories of waste (existent and future national RW inventory) supported by a strategic environmental assessment and socio‐economic studies
- Review of waste management policy.
- Development of disposal waste management scenarios including safety analysis, safety case and environmental issues studies to define the most adapted final disposal concept design and to evolute him to the engineering design.
- Development of the waste acceptance criteria traceable to generic or specific safety cases to support the disposability assessment.
- Evaluation of the safety of the waste elimination way, of the safety of the nuclear waste packages criteria and their compliance with the storage and disposal waste acceptance criteria, evaluation of the waste acceptance criteria.
- Monitoring and remediation on polluted sites.
- Development of waste acceptance criteria traceable to generic safety cases to support undertaking disposability assessments.
- Development of waste packaging specifications for existing and future radiological waste streams including NORMS and NPP waste.
- IAEA technical recommendations and guidelines in Waste Management field.
- Radioactive waste thematic management.
Description of the Missions and Deliveries:
In this context, our client is strengthening its teams and recruiting a Nuclear Waste Management Engineer with a strong Safety background whose main missions will be to:
- Contribute to the drafting of the report related to develop a national strategy for RWM, in support of the project manager, technical manager and WM Expert.
- Recommend a waste classification system to be adopted in the KSA taking into consideration IAEA recommendations and international good practice in support of the project manager, technical manager, and WM Expert.
- Identify the sets of waste management combined disposal solutions, including when necessary added temporary storage solutions as required and choose the best final disposal solution or combined solutions.
- Define safety cases for the development of disposal concept designs in collaboration with safety engineers and using adapted modeling tools and dedicated models.
- Define and contribute at the evolution of final storage & final disposal concept design to engineering design stage.
- Developing Waste packaging criteria and waste acceptance criteria.
- Become the leader of Waste Management aspects under umbrella of technical manager for the project.
- Be the Team manager of waste management thematic.
- Prepare and expose technical presentations during technical meetings (internally or with the client).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: A2122-1220
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Senior
- Location: Dubai/France
- Duration: Permanent or contract for 24 months (renewable)
- Closing Date: