Job title: Mechanical Owners Engineer/Assigned Design Engineer
Hours: 40 hr work week
Location: Kincardine (on site)
Duration: 12-month renewable contract with a per diem.
Vacancies : 2
- The individuals will support engineering changes.
- Preparation or verification, as well as certification of engineering evaluations, assessments, calculations, and/or ASME Section III Design Specification / report and/or preparation and/or verification of EC’s, change papers, and review of existing design basis documentation and analyses and
- Extraction of relevant information as required.
- Provide technical expertise in mechanical engineering to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient operation of nuclear plant equipment and systems.
- Manage and oversee the design process for mechanical systems, including the preparation of technical specifications, design documents, and equipment procurement.
- Ensure that design work is performed in accordance with industry standards, regulations, and safety requirements.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and budgets and provide regular updates to project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and stakeholders to ensure a coordinated and integrated design.
- Review and evaluate contractor proposals and participate in the selection of contractors and vendors.
- Conduct field inspections and provide technical support during construction and commissioning activities.
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including technical reports, procedures, and drawings.
- Participate in project meetings and provide regular progress reports to stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve technical issues and problems that arise during the design, construction, and commissioning phases.
- Specific deliverables will be defined by the project’s requirements.
- Experience with Bruce Power Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS)
- Orange Badge
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering and design, preferably in the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards, such as ASME, ANSI, and NRC regulations.
- Strong project management skills, including experience with project scheduling and budgeting.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 803-055
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Level: Senior
- Location: Kincardine
- Duration: 12 months
- Closing Date: