We are requesting resumes for the following position: Mechanical Design Technician (CET)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 6-12 Months
Location: Whiteshell, Manitoba (On-Site)
The Mechanical Design Technician will be a member of a multi-disciplinary branch providing integrated project management, engineering, design and construction services for nuclear and non-nuclear facilities at the Whiteshell (WL) site. Under general direction from the Branch Manager, the employee will contribute to the development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs of mechanical components and assemblies and process piping systems.
The Client’s employees perform all duties in accordance with established health and safety and regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (i.e. utilizing personal protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies management or supervisor of all occurrences, injuries, illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers or any other on the premises in a timely manner and in accordance with established reporting requirements.
Education & Experience
- Diploma from a recognized college or institute of advanced technology, or equivalent formal education and has three (3) to 10 years of relevant technological experience.
- Preference given to candidates with an educational background in Mechanical Engineering Technology/Technologist or any relevant program.
- Three (3) to 10 years relevant design experience.
Abilities and Skills
- Must possess a fundamental knowledge of design practices, mechanical drawing conventions and conventional tolerances.
- Knowledge of 3D and 2D CAD software is required, with preference for Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Possess knowledge and skills in 3D modelling and drafting piping arrangements, P&ID and mechanicals drawings using CADD.
- Capable of producing neat, legible, and accurate drawings in a reasonable time.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and interact with staff at various levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and machine shop practices is an asset.
- Must be able to effectively work and communicate with others; and able to follow and implement complex procedures.
- General computer literacy and moderate to high level knowledge working with Microsoft Office software; and,
- The ability to manage time and materials within allocated budgets and schedules is required.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepare engineering drawings and related documents for process piping and mechanical design.
- Revisions of existing CADD and hand drawings.
- Revisions to Master Equipment Lists (MELs) to identify equipment removed from service.
- Prepare as built drawings.
- Provide assistance in the creation of Work Breakdown Structure and Design Plans.
- Provide time estimate for own deliverables.
- Provide support during construction, installation, and commissioning project phases.
- Executing planned work with moderate amount of supervision; and,
- Responsible for effectively managing multiple tasks/assignments.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 700-362
- Job Type: Consultant (Incorporated Contractor)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Whiteshell, Manitoba
- Duration: 6-12 Months
- Closing Date: