Job Title: Manager, Maintenance Programs
Client: Nuclear Industry Client
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time Employee
Location: Pickering / Darlington, Ontario (on-site)
# of Vacancies: 1
Closing Date: Friday May 12th, 2023
*Security Clearance: At the time of job application, all applicants are required to complete a CSIS Standard Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the nuclear sector. Clearance is a condition of employment and must be completed before a start date can be determined.
Directly exercise or ensure the use of task assigning, advisory, monitoring, coordinative, auditing, or prescriptive authorities associated with the assigned accountabilities.
- Provide direction to Maintenance Programs staff, and ensure direction is implemented according to direction provided.
- Assign tasks to Maintenance Programs staff, and ensure tasks are completed according to the assigned safety, quality, quantity and timeliness requirements specified.
- With the input of the Operations, Maintenance and Engineering Managers, develop and maintain a ten (10) year staffing plan for Nuclear Operations, Maintenance and Engineering staffing departments.
- Develop and maintain the Governing Documents necessary to support the success of the Maintenance Programs.
- Ensure the software programs to support Staffing and Maintenance Programs and execution are maintained adequately, and that proposed changes to the software are managed.
- Benchmark Maintenance performance against others in the nuclear industry and in industries outside of the nuclear business where relevant.
- Establish Records Management requirements for the Staffing and Maintenance Programs, and ensure they are adequately communicated to Site Maintenance departments.
- Establish generic change management plans, communication packages, training packages and other tools necessary to support significant program changes.
- Establish useful measures to ensure intended change is effective.
- Interface with the Regulator as necessary to ensure that the relevant regulatory and licensing requirements are built into Maintenance Programs.
- Monitor overall Maintenance Programs costs, i.e., Operations, Maintenance & Administration (OM&A), Capital and Project, and evaluate return on investment (ROI).
- Ensure that Maintenance Programs are properly integrated with other Nuclear Programs.
- Task Initiating Accountabilities & Authorities:
- Establish and lead a Peer Team including the Maintenance Manager to work in a collaborative manner to assess Maintenance performance, establish performance work for the Maintenance Programs, and to establish direction for Maintenance Programs’ improvement.
- Working with the Maintenance Peer Team, define the Nuclear level program requirements, standards and procedures for the Maintenance Programs, and direct implementation.
- Work with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering Peer Teams to determine the requirements for a ten (10) year staffing plan.
- Ensure compliance to the Nuclear level programs requirements, standards and procedures for Maintenance Programs is achieved at each Nuclear Site – monitoring authority.
- Ensure that each Nuclear Site establish local targets for these Level 1 & 2 performance measures.
- Working with the Maintenance Peer Team, develop and maintain a common design basis for the Maintenance organizational structure, including staff numbers at each organization level.
- Evaluate ongoing Maintenance performance in OPG,N, and identify the need for local improvement, or for improved program requirements, standards or procedures.
- Identify and assess business risk in the program area, and develop risk management strategies to avoid negative business impacts.
- Execute specified Maintenance activities during planned outages and projects.
- Develop required capability of maintenance staff.
- Perform all Maintenance activities in a conservative fashion with due regard for nuclear, radiological, environmental and industrial safety.
- Ensure approved Maintenance procedures are followed.
- Ensure staff are up-to-date with administrative and Maintenance procedures, instructions and standards relevant to their positions.
- Ensure staff identifies inadequate Maintenance procedures for correction.
- Other Duties as Required
- 10-15 years of Leadership experience
- a background in maintenance and operations is required
- Plant Manager experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strategy and resource planning experience is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete a CSIS Security Clearance to be considered for employment in the Nuclear sector.
Failure to initiate/apply for a CSIS Security Clearance will result in your application being rejected.
- Job ID: 500-1823
- Job Type: Full Time (Employee)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Level: Senior
- Location: Pickering
- Closing Date: Friday, May 12th, 2023 (5:00PM EST)